𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙞𝙞.

act ii.   brewed apology

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I made my way downstairs, knocking on the door. I stood on the welcome carpet, waiting for someone to answer, as I carried bags of my things.

"Coming!", a familiar voice answered, the sound of footsteps getting closer by each tap.

A brunette female with blue eyes and light skin opened the door. "Hi Zan! Lemme' help you with that.", she greeted, taking part of my luggage from me. "Thanks, Rose."

After I told her I was looking for a place to stay, Rose invited me to stay with her and "the others", which I assume would be our old friend group from college.

"So uh... why'd you suddenly invite me to stay? It's a pretty big decision to make.", I questioned, taking my shoes off and finally stepping inside. "Eh, you said you were looking for a place to stay, plus I know you'll be able to take care of your part of the rent and stuff, I trust you.", the brunette replied, gesturing me to follow her, as she held two of my bags, "I'll show you to your room."

As we made our way upstairs, I took a deep breath and scanned my surroundings. The house seems well-kept, spotless, even.

The brunette opened the door, "Hey, Rose?", I called, grabbing her attention. "Yeah?", she replied, stepping into the room. "Who're the other people? I haven't seen anyone here so far."

"Oh, y'know, Ryoto, Millie, Anne, Nozomi...", she answered. "Oh, and the others are out shopping for food, Nozo's at work."

Yep, the old college friend group. Wait a minute...

I raised a brow, entering the room, "Who's Nozomi?", I asked, placing my bag down.

"The owner of this house."

We stared at each other for a brief moment.

"You don't own this place?!", I asked in a panic. Why would you invite someone to live with you when you don't even own the residence?

"I got permission, don't worry. Me and Nozo are close friends anyway, practically sisters at this point!", Rose explained, as I sighed in relief.

She laid my bags on my bed. "I'll go set up lunch. Feel free to do whatever.", she bid, as I hummed in an "ok" manner. I waited for her to go downstairs before I looked around more.

Closing the door shut, I notice a window beside my bed, a closet, and wardrobes, all the simple stuff.

I opened the blinds to notice a car stopping in front of the house, seeing three familiar people step out.

I ran downstairs, seeing Rose open the door.

Once I got there, everyone's attention immediately shifted to me.

"Oh cool, Zanshi's here.", a raven-haired female with black eyes and tanned skin started, who I recognized as Anne.

"Hi Zan!", a female with black hair, the front dyed velvet, golden eyes, and light skin greets. Millie, smiling.

"Hi.", a raven-haired male with black eyes and pale skin muttered. Ryoto, still as quiet as ever.

I only waved in response, unsure what to say.

A buzz came from Anne's phone. "Low battery.", she mumbled, checking her bag.

"Shit where's my power bank?", Anne asks in a small panic, rechecking her bag. "Fuck did I leave it at the mall?"