💖 CHAPTER FOUR💖

Of course Zoey would think of such a weird idea. I didn't even know why I was surprised after she said that, probably because I was thinking she'd go for something less immature and gross. Like something entire different from what she had in mind right now.

Just the mere mention of those gruesome creatures made me feel revolted.

I would've back pedaled out of the plan straight away, but I didn't partly because of Zoey's unceasing pleading and partly because I couldn't possible let Zoey follow through with the plan alone. I decided to stick along in case things went downhill.

Gathering all the effort I could, I thwarted the nauseous feeling surrounding my throat upward. Feigning enthusiasm, I said jokingly.

"Great plan, pranking your cheating ex-boyfriend with bunch of cockroaches. I'm sure that will scare him sh*tless."

Zoey didn't seem to grasp the sarcasm dripping out of my voice because the apologetic face she pulled while trying to coax me into not backing out of the plan changed and she beamed at me.

"Yeah, I know." She chortled and went along to explain the step by step details of the plan. According to her, accomplishing the plan was going to be a piece of cake and so much fun. However, in my own perspective, it sounded like the entire opposite of that.

The first step of the plan was for us to wait until all students lingering in the hallway evacuated and there was no bystander to tattle on us. We decided to wait at my locker since it was the one closest to Troy's.

Now, we stood by my locker like two suspicious people, or maybe I was the only suspicious looking one because Zoey was nonchalantly typing away on her phone like we weren't about to break into someone's property.

Perspiration was forming allover my body and my hands were becoming clammy, I continuously rubbed them against my denim trouser, I was already on the edge and my heart beat kept escalating every nano second. Heck! I felt like we were about to commit a bank heist.

"Our supplier is going to be here any minute." Zoey announced momentarily looking away from her phone screen. She was referring to the person that would provide the roaches to her.

"Who did you say the supplier is again?" I asked trying to make a conversation, maybe that would make the nervousness that had been eating at me to subside. Plus when she was busy explaining the plan earlier I didn't get the name.

"Jonna Corbett."

I quickly turned my head to her. Astonished.

"Are you talking about the working encyclopedia egghead Jonna Corbett?" I enunciated.

"Yeah the one and only." She replied.

I gave her a suspicious look.

"Did you force him into helping you or something like that?" I accused, because Jonna Corbett looked so innocent to do something as trivial as lifting his little finger in a wrong way.

"Nah. Absolutely not, I just asked and he agreed to help. I was surprised myself." She clarified shocking her head.

I bite the the tip of my lower lip and squinted my eyes into a thinking expression. Something is highly suspicious.

As if on cue, Jonna tottered into the hallway in all his nerdiness glory. As usual, he was in his baggy outfit, a red and blue checkered shirt with denim jeans that looked actually comfortable. Half of his face was concealed behind his large rectangular specs and his near-blond sparse hair was higgledy-piggledy.

He looked around the hallway searching for us amongst the swarm of students still diddling in the hallway. When he finally spotted us, he quickened his pace and reached over to us.