Chapter 3

The winds blew hard against body, spreading shivers down to my entire body. My body was stiff and cold, almost as if it was starting to rot from the inside out: My mind lived inside of a carcass, barely surviving the starvation.

I longed for blood, I longed for need, I longed for love.

My time was running out, my time is running out.

There wasn't much I could do anymore except hope you'd come back for me, as my fingers slowly turned into prunes, shaking from the endless weather. My eyesight began to worsen and worsen, as now all I could see was a distorted painting, filled with a strange shadows and unfinished drawings. All I could hear were slowly footsteps.

The corners of my lips slowly turned upwards, replacing the distracted expression I had plastered on my face not so long ago.

"Ni-ki..." I stretched out my hand towards you, but you completely rejected me with a look of disgust.

"You just won't stop until you've ruined everything, including yourself."

"You won't let us go, you won't let yourself go and rest in peace...even though there's nothing left anymore." although you tried to stay strong, I could tell that these words were hard for you to say: Your eyes ratted you out.

"Who told you...? Who told Jay about the carnival...? About the ceremony?" I slowly spat out, my mouth quickly turning dry.

"Heeseung did, but Jay was the only one who believed him. "

"He kept having nightmares about what happened that night and it wasn't until Jay tested it out with you, was that he realized that those dreams were actually a reality." my expression quickly fell, as my throat felt like if it was closing on me.

Heeseung, my apparent first victim, the one that led me towards the very moment. The one who tried to burn me alive, to protect me from the truth and the temptation, only leaving me with deeps scars.

He and I shared such deep connection? But how, how did he manage to withstand it for so long? How was it possible that out everyone...it would be him?

That's was the moment where I had realized, that there was really no logic to this, we just were connected. There was no reason for why you were chosen to be the one to fufill such an important role, there was no reason for why I fell in love with Sunghoon...I just did.

I was trying to add logic to where logic didn't belong, it was instead illogical.]

"Heeseung and I...Heeseung and I..."

"You and Heeseung are connected."