Chapter 2: First Meeting

Kim Y/N POV:

Dad had texted us to have lunch with him at the Hybe Cafeteria. I hugged Dad when I first saw him and grabbed my food. We walked towards a really long table with a few other staff and some kids that looked like trainees or something. Suddenly, they all stood up as we approached.

"Thank you all for making it. I would like to introduce you to our new producer, Kim Y/N. Now everyone take a seat and let's enjoy this meal," Dad greeted everyone.

I set my food down and took off my blazer getting ready to eat. Suddenly, I started to get uncomfortable and looked around the room...

Everyone was staring at me.

"Everyone please get back to what you were doing," Dad asserted... and everyone suddenly stopped staring...

"What was that all about?" I leaned over to ask my father.

"It's your tattoos!" Dad whispered.

"Geeezzz, everyone acts like they've never seen tattoos before!" I hissed at him

"Well certainly no 17-year-old walks around South Korea with their body all tattooed," He groaned back.

I rolled my eyes at him and cleared my throat, fixing my posture....

Dad did so too.

"Like father like daughter," Pdogg-nim chuckled, breaking the awkwardness of whatever it is we were talking about.

"Y/N-ah will be working with you all from now on. Y/N please meet Min Hee Jin and our newly debut girl group NewJeans. Also meet the boys of Trainee A," dad said. I bowed at them and said "It's my pleasure to be working with you all. I hope we can all get along well and work as hard as we can!" They all smiled, while some clapped.

"Hana dul set, we are NewJeans!" The group of girls started to introduce themselves.

They were all really pretty but I wasn't really paying attention to their names. Then the group of boys said their greeting and stated their names... I wasn't paying attention to them either. Not because I didn't care but because it was just too many names to learn at once and I was still bummed about the way everyone started at me.

 Not because I didn't care but because it was just too many names to learn at once and I was still bummed about the way everyone started at me

"NewJeans just ended their promotions and Trainee A is not set to debut until next year. For now, learn their styles and get to know the members so you can get an idea of what kind of sounds they like and would match them best," dad said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, Sajangnim," I teased and waved him goodbye as got up from the table.

"We have dance practice right now, so we can meet after that," one of the boys said. "And we have vocal practice," one of he girls said. "Perfect, I'll get setup in the studio while you all have sessions. Please stop by anytime so we can get to know each other," I replied. With that we all left the table.

As I was exiting the Cafeteria area, I kept on thinking "I wish they wouldn't stare like that," before one of the girls snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I really like your tattoos," she said in an Australian accent. "Oh, thank you!" I replied feeling a bit better about it. "I'm sorry your name is....? I'm really bad with names," I lied as if I wasn't ignoring what everyone was saying earlier.

"I'm Hanni," she answered as a girl came to interlock their arms together smiling. She then looked up at me and stopped smiling as if I intimated her. "Oh, this is Haerin!" Hanni said. I looked into the girls eyes and felt my heart pound a bit.

"Nice to meet you both, I should get to work now. I hope to see you all again soon" I said and walked off to my work station.

-

-

-