Weather The Storm

"What the fuck are you doing?"

Pico had walked out to the living room of their cheap shared apartment to see his 15 year old boyfriend, Boyfriend, huddled in three blankets surrounded by the couch cushions is a shaky makeshift fort.

"M'scared of the thunder." BF said blankly, jumping at another viscous grumble the clouds let out, destroying his shoddy fort again in the process.

"You're joking, right?" Pico snorts, walking towards the boy who was now tangled in the blankets and attempting to rebuild his structure. "There is literally no reason to be scared. The only issue would be getting hit by lightning!"

The blue headed boy recoiled at that, covering his eyes and shaking more.
"It's loud okay? And it's sudden too..." He whimpered and covered his ears, his hair in his face from his anxious pulling at it.

"Loud and sudden? That's me to a tee! How come you aren't afraid of me then, huh? You're just being a baby, get up!"
Pico yanks the pillow acting as the roof of the fort off, and BF curls away at the sudden loss of cover and comfort.

"Pico! Give that back, this isn't a game! I-" He's interrupted by a crack of thunder, and a flash of lightning, pulling a shriek from the boy.

"See? It's just a big noise, dumbass." Pico teased.

"It isn't about whether or not I should be scared, you should be comforting and helping me as my boyfriend!"
Boyfriend stands up shakily, before sitting on the couch, devoid of pillows from his safe house creating. "It isn't some joke, this isn't funny."

"I find it very entertaining that you're afraid of something so small!" Pico chuckles, throwing the pillow at BF's clearly upset face. "Now let's go out or something, being stuck inside is boring as hell, and we've done nothing all day."

"Pico! I'm terrified, and you're talking about going out?! What is wrong with you?" BF snaps, stumbling to stand up and put a finger in the taller teen's face.

"There's a lot wrong with me, but there's something wrong, you're right. You're yelling at me for what? You're the pussy here." Pico retorts, pushing his boyfriend's hand away from his face with his own.

"Quit calling me names and making fun of me! I hate it and I've told you that. You can't get it right, can you? You don't listen." BF growls, tears brimming at the disgruntled boy's dark coloured eyes.

"Why would I listen to someone afraid of lightning?" Pico smirks, raising a thick eyebrow at his on the brink-of-tears boyfriend.

"Bee... Because I was your boyfriend! Was! We're fucking done, leave me alone. I'll sleep on the couch and pack my shit in the morning when the storm has died off." BF screams, softening to a whisper on the last sentence and turning away.

"Excuse me? No, we aren't done. We aren't." Pico says, walking towards Boyfriend with a worried expression. BF never swore, so he knew he struck a nerve.

"We are, Pico. We're done. Leave me alone." BF sits back on the ground, and curls in on himself, silently sobbing, but not because of the thunder that just hit.

*THREE YEARS LATER*

Pico, Darnell and Nene had decided to go to a party, after being convinced free booze was gonna be there.

"Liven up Pico, holy shit you're such a downer! Your angst makes my pink dress look grey!" Nene joked, hitting Pico's arm as he rolled his eyes, idly taking a drag of his cigarette and flicking his indicator on as he pulled into the place.

"Why does Darnell never call shotgun again? I want someone not as obnoxious to sit here." Pico joked, earning a laugh from Darnell and another punch from Nene as he pulled the handbrake. "Okay we're here, get the fuck outta my car."