Chapter 27: Calm after anger

Samira, a short-haired, gray-haired Amazoness, ran out of the room. Behind her back were stacked several Amazonesses fighters, also known as berberas. Samira's red eyes, radiating fury, fixed on the distorted figure amidst the dust.

"Emily!"

However, her footsteps were interrupted by a wild scream that sounded like the roar of an enraged beast. A ripple in the wind made her hair flutter as the dust concealed Adler's figure became visible.

Adler's expression and body structure were hidden under the black hooded clothing, making it impossible for the Berberas to discover his identity.

The berberas hearts grew tense, and they began to position themselves for battle. The sounds of weapons and metal shields clanked in front of the mansion, which was deathly silent. No matter who it was, they had to stop the bastard from scaring their Familia's clients!

Samira approached Adler with her hands covered by a metal gauntlet. The hooded man in front of her stood static, his eyes fixed on the mansion.

"Identify yourself immediately if you don't want me to use your face as a mop to clean the floor!" Samira shouted in an angry tone and adopted a fighting stance.

Adler did not respond and averted his gaze to her.

To what was this strange feeling due? Samira was astonished; however, instead of fearing that feeling as if the hooded man in front of her could pierce her soul, she felt more insulted than ever.

"Hey, you bastard! I order you to leave this place if you don't want my sisters to crush your bones!" Impacting her gauntlets against each other, Samira let out a furious snort. The intruder looked at her like a bug in the middle of the road.

"..."

Adler continued to stare at her. Beneath the blindfold covering his eyes were two glowing pearls devoid of an angry look. A deadly peaceful look hovered over his face as if he were competing against the surface of a tame sea.

He looked like someone completely different from seconds ago.

"I see; you don't want to accept my good intention, huh?" Licking her lips, Samira smiled. It had been a long time since she had found an opportunity to exercise her tense muscles!

"Since we can't agree with words...," Samira narrowed her eyes. The muscles in her legs contracted, and the concrete under her feet creaked like spider webs.

*Boom!

Her feet left their previous position, darting like a bullet as she propelled herself forward. Undeterred by the howling whistle of the wind booming in her eardrums, she shouted, "Then we'll just have to teach you a lesson with our fists!"

Samira, a level 3 Berbera who was an expert fighter in close combat, would hardly find an adventurer up to her level to compete. Who would have guessed that today the heavens would smile on her and gift her with an enemy who appeared to be strong?

It was a good excuse to beat someone to a pulp with her fists!

Samira's quick footwork created residual images behind her back. In the blink of an eye, she arrived in front of Adler, who happened to be taller than her. Reaching forward, Samira's metallic fists were accompanied by a gust of wind.

Her brows furrowed in annoyance. The hooded man remained impassively in place, showing no sign of moving to intercept her attack. Does he think she's too weak and not worthy of making his move? Too naive!

Samira's lips curved upward in a mocking smile.

The wind swirling around her metal fists was enough to shred the clothing covering Adler's chest. The heavy blow broke through, and with a wet "Pushi" sound, the metal fist sank deep into his heart.