Reappearing Act

Hello and welcome to another one of my fanfics!! This idea has been in my head for a while so I finally decided to write it out.

Updates will be quite slow as I have a few fics I'm working on~

Mostly edited?

Enjoy <3

-Cover credit: https://www.deviantart.com/ah-bao/art/ASL-455215788

                                                                              -------------------

                                                           "Just assume I know everything!"

                                                                             --------------------

 Mirai's last words are gonna be, 'You fucking owe me'. Pretty cool if she says so herself. Imagine someone owing you at your time of death? To be honest, she'd probably haunt them until they paid her back or something.

 She should probably elaborate.

 Mirai ate the Vision Vision Fruit; a Devil Fruit that allows her to look into the future as long as she's there in that moment. And just then, she had heard her future self say those exact words and heard her idiot self die a gruesome death. Yes, it's called the Vision Vision Fruit, but sometimes she can hear things in the future, too. Sometimes she can feel a vision coming. Like an itch that can't be scratched or a pounding headache she can feel but can't at the same time. Either that or she just knows.

 It's one of the more...unusual Devil Fruits.

 The only times where she consciously uses it is during battles– she sometimes likes to use it in place of Observation Haki– or to look a few minutes into the future to make sure everything goes as planned. She can't consciously use it to look too far into the future either– Those usually come in the form of dreams.

 Mirai hums, steering her boat toward the harbour of Nanohana. Her boat was big enough for one person, holding a single cabin which consisted of a single bed (nailed down), a dresser which held all her clothes, and a desk with various things (such as her Den Den Mushi) discarded on top. The helm was located near the stern at the back of the boat– If it were located inside the cabin, she'd probably trip over it at night.

 She manoeuvres her boat skillfully, expertly docking among many other ships and boats– She made sure that her boat was mostly concealed behind much bigger ships. If the Marines came looking, she'd be in a world of trouble– Well, more so her ship than actually her.

 She moors her boat to the pier before walking towards the town that smelled strongly of perfume.

 Mirai frowns, sand getting blown into her face by the wind. She coughs, having accidentally inhaled some. "Oh my gosh, dude." She wipes the gritty sand off unsuccessfully and groans. "Fucking...I should've put my mask on at the docks."

 Her kitsune mask was tied around her neck with string. She pulls it up over her face and regrets not putting it on sooner– It would've saved her a ton of heartache thanks to the sand. She was sure her stitched-up kimono (it had gotten many holes over time) was filling up with the stupid grains. Yes, she can sew, believe it or not. She had to learn how to stitch up wounds and clothes because of her brothers; although she had to sew her own wounds shut a ton, too.

 But putting aside her annoyance at the sand, Mirai knows she's going to catch up with two very special pirates.

 Her brothers.