chapter sixteen

It was half past two, Louis and Harry were finally asleep after some boyfriend duties on each others . But down the hall Niall and Zain were under the sheets, two flashlights .

" What's a mum like?" Zain asked, smile beaming on his face. Niall began to notice cat like features, he had two short fangs, canine teeth but sharper.

He often followed birds with his eyes, and well his eye sight , as well sense of smell were heightened.

Niall thought for a moment " Well a mum doesn't have to be someone who gave birth to you, it can be a woman who raised you with care, love and moral. Who punished you to learn right from wrong, and taught you how to be a gentlemen. A mum's love is everlasting."

And the night continued with what seemed endless questions about mum's and family from Zain. By the time he asked his last question it was already 6 am .

" Niall, one more question." Zain yawned, eyes hooded as he adjusted himself to be the little spoon.

" Okay, last one." Niall said , cuddling Zain.

" Will you-" Zain's question interrupted by his yawn " help me find my mum?"

Niall looked at the hybrid, pity filling his heart for a split second as he slept peacefully, only to have hope quickly replace the feeling.

*

Louis went to his after noon class, Harry the only one left in the flat with the other two. So Niall left Zain to sleep , finding Harry watching a movie on Netflix. " Sleep well, Nialler?" He said, pushing his glasses back up.

" Barely enough, we were up all night talking." He couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face . " But um, he asked me something, he asked me to help him find his mother."

" Oh."

" Yeah, how the hell am I suppose to say no to 'im?" Niall sighed motioning Harry to follow him into the kitchen, as he served himself cereal.

" Don't."

" I don't have a choice exactly, he could be from Canada for all we know, and they raised him British."

" Then we'll start here, missing children reports, unsolved cold cases, we can do this. And if we don't find anything here we'll search across oceans, this we could help him." Harry said with a smile " He's more than a hybrid now."

Niall couldn't help but smile " Okay, but let's just keep this between you and I, and we can't tell Zain, I don't want to get his hopes up only to knock them down if we don't find anything."