Chapter 2

Dawn's POV

"Dawn, wake up. We're here." I hear, somebody shaking me. I open my eyes and see Dusk. I stand up and look out the train car seeing Amity in the distance.

"Everyone ready to get off?" I ask. Everyone nods. Soon the train comes to the next platform. "See you on the other side." I laugh to Dusk, who's freaking out. I jump out and roll on the ground when I land. I soon see Dusk and Peter jump off together and so on until everyone is off. We all start to walk in silence towards the compound. "Me and Dusk need to go in by ourselves because we weren't even supposed to talk to anyone else but the woman who leads Amity." I say as we get closer.

"Okay, we'll wait out here." Tobias says. "Good luck." He says, giving me a quick hug. I nod my head in thanks and me and Dusk start to walk in. We are met by a woman with a scar on her face.

"Hello. My name's Dawn and this is my friend Dusk." I say, introducing ourselves.

"No time for introductions. Your leader said that you two would be staying here for a while?" The woman says.

"Yes she did."

"Well, I'm going to need you to turn in your weapons." She says, holding her hand out.

"I'm sorry ma'am but I can't do that." I say, putting my hand over my knife.

"Well then, you won't be staying here." She says. Dusk pulls me over to the side.

"Mom wouldn't be happy if we didn't get these guys as allies." He said.

"Fine." I say, scrunching up my face as I walk over and hand her my weapons and Dusk does the same.

"I'm glad we can agree. This man will show you to your living quarters." She says, motioning to a man.

"Hello. My name is Shadow." He says. "I'm from Dauntless. As I assume you are?" He says, nodding toward my tattoo.

"Yes. I was in training." I say.

"You're not supposed to talk about that." Dusk whispers.

"It doesn't matter anymore now that everything has fallen into anarchy." I say. He just rolls his eyes. We follow Shadow to two rooms.

"Dawn, this is your room and Dusk this is yours." Shadow says, motioning towards the rooms. I thank him then part ways with Dusk. I dig into my bag and grab the brown hair dye that I had stolen. I quickly get to work, dying my hair back to its natural hair color. When I'm done I cut my bangs into a slant and then clean up the mess.

"Finally this day is done." I hear someone say as they walk into the room. I turn around and see Tris.

"Looks like we're staying together." I say, lying down on the other bed.

"Looks like we are." She laughs, standing up and grabbing the scissors and starting to cut her hair really short.

"That looks good." I say, pulling my necklace out of my shirt.

"Thanks, what's that?" She asks, sitting beside me.

"It's a gift Uriah gave me." I say, looking at the necklace that has a heart with red and orange stones around it.

"Are you going to try to find him?"

"Yeah, tomorrow. That's my main mission is to find people and get Amity to become allies with the Factionless." I say, tucking the necklace back in and rolling over to go to sleep. "Good night Tris." I say as she goes over to her bed.

"Good night." My dreams are filled with memories of my training in Dauntless. ,y favorite was the ones of me and Uriah. Like the night we got together when we were playing Capture the Flag or the time I first met Zeke. I couldn't wait to go find him tomorrow.

Shadows POV

I can't believe they're here. I never thought I'd see the twins again. Dawn and Dusk look so much alike. I wonder how their mother is doing. I wanted so bad to tell them that I'm their dad but how am I supposed to describe that they have two biological dads. I'm just happy to see them. Dawn looks so tough and Dusk looks weak, which really confuses me.