Chapter 2: A Brewing Storm

If looks could kill, Jiyeon would've murdered most of the Agency by now. And why was Jiyeon "murdering" people as we speak? 

Team Beta was waiting for debrief, but of course, Team Delta always came first. When it was time to debut, Delta did it first. When they captured their first assassin, Delta did it first. And even during debriefs, Delta did it first.

Nari, being the ever oblivious one, whispered, "At least everyone got out safely, Jiyeon,"She looked up at Jiyeon, "Isn't that all that matters?"

And Jiyeon took that personally.

"OF COURSE IT MATTERS! MY GRANDFATHER WAS A DELTA LEADER, MY MOTHER WAS A DELTA LEADER. I'M SUPPOSED TO BE A LEGA-"

And for a second time today, Jiyeon was interrupted.

Suho rolled his eyes and mocked, "I'm a legacy, blah blah blah... It's always the same thing over and over again. Enough with it!"

They glared at each other, and the room's temperature dropped several degrees. Nari ran to hide behind Wangja, smirking, as several workers scuttled out the room, avoiding the near conflict that could destroy a room.

Several seconds passed before Wangja opened his mouth to stop the rising conflict, only to freeze on the spot. A familiar snobby chuckle sounded through the waiting room.

-

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the so-called prince and his band of problems," It was Lee Dowoon, the blond leader of team Delta.

"What? Can't even solve problems between teammates?"

Kang Eunmi, Dowoon's girlfriend, sniggered, whilst Jang Gawon rolled her eyes at Dowoon's theatrics.

The rivalry was palpable between the two teams.

It was a like a ticking time bomb, the pressure unsurmountable, a storm in it's wake. 

It seemed like lightning flashed through the room, as both leaders summoned their mana, ready to strike at a moments notice. 

It didn't last very long.

"Can we go now?" muttered Seong Ha-jun, scrolling through his phone, ignorant to the obvious dispute that's about to happen.

All tension broke, Dowoon and Wangja stared at each other for a second, then muttering excuses as they brush past each other, acting like nothing happened. Gawon glanced at Nari, who giggled as Gawon imitated Dowoon's attitude. 

Wangja pushed open the doors to the debrief room, preparing themselves for a huge lecture.