#5

She wakes up, shaken by Susan, in an unfamiliar room that smells of brimstone.

"Barbara! Barbara wake up!" Susan says. She lifts her head and immediately drops it, the headache is terrible.

"What happened?" She articulates with difficulty.

"Something must have hit the Tardis in the time vortex when Grandfather had the shields down and so we're stuck here, locked in from the inside, we'd have to be opened from the outside." Susan explained.

"Ah, we'll just have to wait for the Doctor and Ian to find us then?" Barbara suggested. Susan shook her head.

"That might take too long and the amount of sulphur in the air worries me."

"Ah."

"Luckily we're stuck in Grandpa's storage room, so we should be able to find something to make a communication device." Said Susan, not looking the least bit frightened as Barbara felt panic slowly creeping up on her. What were they doing in a storeroom again? Oh yes, Susan was looking for her Gallifrey music box to show her.

"Wouldn't it be easier to blow the door off?" Barbara offered, pointing to sticks of what looked like dynamite in the corner.

"No." Susan shook her head. "Doors and walls are made to contain explosions, I'm afraid if we lit that, we'd be the ones blowing up and not the door."

Two hours later, the sulphur in the air made him almost unbreathable, her eyes stung and her skin was irritated. Susan was making slow progress with her communication system. Barbara had tried several times to open the door, but to no avail.

Lady Panic was beginning to take control of her and she really wished she had Ian with her to tell her that everything would be alright.

Half an hour later she was almost lying on the floor breathing the little air they had left. Susan was also beginning to show signs of weakness. Fortunately she had finished her work. She sent a wave asking to open the door from outside.
Ian and the Doctor practically ran in, coughing at the sulphur-laden air. Barbara on the verge of consciousness felt strong arms carrying her out. Ian. Quiet, again.