𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭

y/n believed rintarou had a talent. for the past couple of months, they'd lay in bed and he'd just lay there with her, observing every small detail of her. rintarou would trace the outline of her face with the tip of his finger as she spoke about anything and everything. to rintarou, she is the most beautiful woman he's ever met.

whenever he'd take a mental picture of her, he'd later sketch a photo of her in his sketchbook. every drawing was always beautiful, regardless of rintarou trying to tell her that he wasn't finished or it was 'just a sketch'.

y/n could feel it in her soul that she had this affect on him. in high school, he'd watch her draw, paint, sculpt, silently breakdown over the smallest thing. but little did she truly know, rintarou was learning how to do all of those things by simply watching her five days a week for majority of their third year in high school.

"so what's the plan for today?" y/n asks, taking a bite of the pancakes he made her. she sits on top of the kitchen counter, holding the plate on her left hand and a fork with her right.

"first practice of the new season," rintarou says with a smile. "so i won't be back here for a couple of days." he wears y/n's pink apron, shirtless. his muscles flex as he places his hands on either side of her on the counter, leaning closer for a kiss.

y/n turns her face away with a smile, "hey! my lips are going to taste like pancakes."

"that's the point," rintarou says, smiling. he genuinely feels happy around her and y/n feels the same about him. in so many ways they're meant to be — a perfect fit.

rintarou kisses her, causing her to laugh and lightly use her foot to nudge him away. "can i eat?" she asks, shoving the plate in his face in a playful way. "it's getting cold."

"then i'll make you more," rintarou says, using the back of his hand to turn the plate away. he goes in for another kiss, in which y/n puts the plate down next to her. she wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him closer as they continue to kiss.

rintarou kisses her and pulls away dramatically, creating a noise of his lips smacking together. "your lips do taste like pancakes," he laughs. he could feel himself grow to love her with every passing day, ignoring the feeling that there's a chance she'll still leave him for her first love. but he couldn't complain, he set the terms — he has to live with the outcome.

"i wonder why," y/n laughs, her hands falling to his chest. they stare at each other with a smile on both of their faces. y/n knows it's impossible to freeze time and relive one moment over and over again, but right now, she wishes that was possible.

with a small kiss, she lightly pushes him away. "okay, i have to get ready for my class and i need to finish that piece in the hallway," she says. they both glance in the hallway. a gigantic canvas with light blue sketches and half painted sits alone, staring back. "if i don't get to finish this by tomorrow i won't have anything for the art gallery."

"right right, you're a busy woman," rintarou says, kissing her forehead. he steps away and watches her get off of the counter with her plate of pancakes. "we're both busy."

"busy chasing after our dreams," y/n adds as if she's finishing a sentence.

rintarou's smile weakens for a second. that's right, they both have different dreams. his is her and hers is the other guy. he watches her quickly eat her food, rushing to get ready. on her last bite she hums then jumping off the counter and landing on her feet.

"okay, im going to get ready, thank you for the meal," y/n says, kissing him before walking out of the kitchen.

"you're welcome," rintarou quietly says, watching y/n walk away from him. he's left alone in the kitchen with the overwhelming thought of not being able to get her to fall in love with him.

rintarou shakes his head in attempt to stop thinking about a problem that may not even occur. 'it's best to not think of things we can't control,' he thinks to himself, referring to y/n's emotions.

AN; sorry for the short chap, im just very busy with school rn

AN; sorry for the short chap, im just very busy with school rn. AHHH GUYS! COLLEGE IS AMAZING! granted, every weekend im out partying and when im doing hw it's like for three classes. but where's some updates:

1. gained two bodies in the three weeks of being here, yeah ik im a stud who pulls
2. tinders a mini game and no one actually meets up with their tinder date unless they hit it off really well (ps i see ppl from tinder and im all 'oop')
3. i got a lip piercing, gained me more bitches frr
4. i have three classes and i need to be the best in every class otherwise idk what to do with myself
5. currently unemployed 🫠
6. i was talking to three guys at once, but i dropped like two of them because they were icky and one im still getting a feel of. i won't know if i wanna drop him till the end of the week
7. i actually love myself now
8. talked to my ex bc my school played against his school, told him he isn't shit and then he proceeded with the calling me dumb one 
9. that's pretty much it

update: bruh reading this authors note is funny as fuck bc its like "i love myself" to "i talked to my ex"