𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫

"hey," y/n calls out to rintarou, stopping him in his tracks as he makes his way to his desk

"hey," y/n calls out to rintarou, stopping him in his tracks as he makes his way to his desk. he turns around, looking directly at her. y/n didn't realize how tall he really is, until she stands in front of him — and damn, he's really tall. "uh thanks for returning my pencil, sorry i ran out of the classroom before you could say anything," y/n says, not understanding why she was apologizing.

"it's okay, i heard you were in a rush to see you dad," rintarou says, his voice reminding y/n of a lake she's been to when she was younger with her parents. how calm it was.

"oh, you heard about that?" y/n nervously responds, brushing her hair away from her face. "my dad's in the air force, so it's kinda a huge event to see him."

"seeing parents are always eventful, especially living an hour away," rintarou hesitatingly responds. the feeling of someone staring behind him alarm him, but he tries his best to conceal his anxious emotion.

"you live in the dormitories, right?" y/n asks, her hand pointing at him. she squints her eyes as she stares at him, waiting to see if she's right.

"yeah, i do," rintarou responds, his hands burrowing themselves in his pockets.

y/n glances past his shoulder and clears her throat. "well it seems like miya wants to talk to you, so i'll leave you too it," y/n says, walking back to her desk at the corner of the classroom. the second she leaves, rintarou turns around, finding atsumu raising his eyebrows towards rintarou in a teasing way.

atsumu grabs rintarou's shoulders and is met with little resistance from him. "go for it," atsumu says, shaking rintarou's shoulders a little. rintarou stares at atsumu with a blank expression on his face, "tsk, i know you're interested in y/n."

hearing this sentence come from atsumu's mouth makes rintarou suddenly defensive. he shoves atsumu's arms away from him in an irritated way, making atsumu chuckle. "im not interested in her like that, i just want to get to know her."

"right," atsumu's voice trails off as he stares at rintarou in a skeptical way.

rintarou couldn't help himself but constantly glance at y/n. he's taken notes, observations about her. even though they've had a total of two — maybe three conversations, there was a lot about her he noticed.

one, she forces her upbeat, cheerful and positive persona. well — not necessarily forced, but she seems to make herself do it out of habit. two, she's extremely talented — but can't find anything worth working for in the future. three, the student council president is possibly the only one who truly knows her. four, she somehow gets everyone to love her.

rintarou wanted to understand what was so charming about her that made everyone love her. was it some kind of love spell she had?

rintarou kept his focus on her in class as he tries to figure out what was it about her. even though they were learning math, y/n read the entire time. he's read that book before too, mediocre romance between an immature man and woman — how their hate for each other blossomed into a relationship. maybe she's into that thing?

"suna," their teacher says, her boring lecture taking a halt. everyone turns to him at the back of the class, and he grows anxious inside but doesn't find it in himself to show it. "what is the derivative of this equation?"

rintarou finally looks at the white board, when the fuck did the board get covered in equations? he squints at the equation. f(x) = 2𝑥 + 8. he remembers the word derivative from summer school, but what the fuck did that have to do with this equation? he remains silent and glances over at atsumu, who unsurprisingly stares at him with a blank stare — obviously not knowing either.

"l/n! do you know?" their teacher calls on, causing y/n to flinch at her sudden loud volume. y/n glances up from her book and stares at the equation.

"uh two?" y/n says in an almost irritable way.

"why is it two?" their teacher asks, getting irritated at y/n's attitude.

"because it is?" y/n says with her shoulders rising up. she didn't know how to explain, so her only response was 'because it is'. the entire class began to giggle, and the teacher was over it.

rintarou glances back at her, she smiles as she whispers to the people around her. they all laugh for a second before she goes back to reading silently.

y/n walks the silent pathway in the school courtyard towards the gates. art club ran longer than it was supposed to, everyone was excited to help drama club with their stage backgrounds. y/n's arms were covered in paint, but she of course didn't care. as she walks down the pathway, passing the club rooms, the volleyball team walks out of theirs.

"ah! y/n!" atsumu shouts excitedly, breaking away from the rest of the guys. he makes his way over to her, striking up a conversation.

rintarou makes his way out of the club room last, compared to everyone else — he wasn't exactly in a rush to go back to his dorm room. he finds atsumu and y/n talking. atsumu waves his hands around as he speaks, making y/n laugh. what were they talking about?

y/n glances to her left, finding rintarou walking out of the club room. she waves at him with a small smile on her face, temporarily shifting her attention from atsumu to him. rintarou waves back, not with a smile, but with the same relaxed and mellow expression on his face.

she turns back to atsumu, who pats her shoulder and then side eyes rintarou with a smirk like smile. he says something that rintarou couldn't comprehend, making y/n suddenly flustered. rintarou shrugs off the interaction he witnesses, not paying attention to it. he gives y/n one last wave before walking towards the dormitories, questioning about aiko and if the girl's soccer team has a game coming up.

AN: heyy so im reading this book at school and why the fuck are guys asking 'how do you read?' and i stare at them and say 'are you telling me you can't read?' in which they respond with 'NO like how do you sit down and read a book' and i say 'i j...

AN: heyy so im reading this book at school and why the fuck are guys asking 'how do you read?' and i stare at them and say 'are you telling me you can't read?' in which they respond with 'NO like how do you sit down and read a book' and i say 'i just sit down and read a book'. WHY ARE MEN SO STUPID