Twisted Fate

They say there isn't a more incredible weapon than a pen, for it is mightier than a sword. I was a believer in that phrase. Writing gave me the joy than no other. I enjoyed the power of coming up with characters and fully controlling their fate. Being known for these mastermind crime books gave me fulfillment like no other. Just as I owned the story plots for my books, I had the same control over my life. So why was this happening to me now?

"Ms. Love, you are under arrest for the murder of Mr.King." The police officer cold eyes bored into me as if I was a despicable character of being. At that moment, it felt like everything I had was crumbling.

"You are mistaken, Officer. I didn't murder anyone." I nervously chuckled. "You can ask Stacy here or even Cam! I would never be the type to kill someone. I write crimes, not act on them!"

"Yes, sir, our ma'am would never harm anyone." Stacy stood next to me, her posture stiff as usual. "I think it is unwarranted that you came here with no arrest warrant." She pinched her glasses and stared down at the officer.

Usually quiet, Stacy was standing up to an officer for my sake. I didn't know whether to admire her willingness to get out of her comfy place to help me or suspect this unusual behavior. For a second, I forgot that I was about to be arrested for murder and just shockingly stared at Stacy.

"Funny that you mention that because we showed your security the warrant until they started aggressively pushing us out."

"Well, you kinda do deserve that," Cam spoke from the corner while sipping a cup of coffee. He was always a chill person even in a highly stressful situation but wasn't he being too chill in this situation?

"Excuse me?" The first officer turned towards Cam, his brows furrowing.

"Okay, enough of this! Let's grab her." The second officer with brunette hair parted in the middle suddenly grabbed my hands and placed the handcuff on them.

"Hey- you can't just grab her-" The officer pushed Cam aside and dragged me by the handcuffs. Every day at the end of the day, I would always enjoy leaving my office door. Sensing the day's accomplishments plus seeing the look of admiration and respect from my employees brought a specific power to my being. I enjoyed that feeling, but today, that feeling was different. I felt ashamed for the first time in the five years I had owned this office. Today, everyone's eyes had contempt, disgust, and, most of all, afraid look. It was a sight that I could never forget.

The two officers drove off as soon as I got in the car. After driving, the scenery changed from locals to areas I couldn't recognize, and I started getting antsy.

We were supposed to reach the station like twenty minutes ago. If not the station, then where were these guys taking me?! Were they even police officers?!" Suddenly it felt like all the air was leaving my lungs, and I couldn't breathe. I crouched down on the seat, trying to lose my collar buttons.

"Funny that you mention that because we showed your security the warrant until they started aggressively pushing us out."

Security? How did it miss from my mind that Jeff wasn't working today? I made eye contact with the brunette man in the rear mirror, a smirk lacing his face. I clutched my necklace tightly as I welcomed the darkness.

***********🔮**********

"Hey, wake up! We need you to be conscious for the best part." A hand kept on tapping on my face. I winced as I felt a throbbing pain in my head.

I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting them to the bright light. "Ouch!" I winced. I tried to bring my hands to shield my eyes from the brightness, but something was holding them down. I glanced down to see ropes tied around my arms and legs.