Chapter 05: The Movies [Volume 01]

It's Monday morning and Alex wakes up before her alarm. She sits on her bed and thinks about Friday. She is happy and nervous and worried about seeing Eddie all at the same time. What if he forgot? What if he told the others? What if someone saw them and starts roomers? Thoughts race through Alex's head. She gets up and gets dressed.

She walks down the stairs and into the kitchen where she grabs a yogurt out of the fridge

She walks down the stairs and into the kitchen where she grabs a yogurt out of the fridge. She sits on the sofa and eats waiting for Eddie. When a honk comes from outside she gets up and heads for the door. When she gets outside she is confused to see a familiar BMW waiting. She gets in.

G: Morning, Alex.
A: Morning, is Eddie alright?
G: Yeah, he just asked me to drive you today that's all.
A: Did he say anything?
G: No, why?
A: It's just not like Eds...
G: Did something happen on Friday?
A: No, nothing. We just danced for a bit and then he drove me home.

Alex started to fiddle with her hands as they drove to school. When they get there, Chrissy rushed up to Alex.

C: Hey.
A: Hi...
C: Is everything okay? Also, Where's Eddie?
A: Yeah, everything's okay and I don't know where Eddie is. He didn't pick me up today.
C: Oh, that's weird.
A: I know. It's starting to get to me.
C: I'm sure everything is fine, Alex

The walk in together and sit in class.

Mrs. Z: Alex, Where's Eddie?
A: He's probably late, Miss.
Mrs. Z: Okay, Alex.

The teacher starts the lesson and after class Eddie still hasn't shown up Chrissy and Alex walk to second class and sit down. Halfway through class someone races in and sits down.

Mr. W: You're late, Munson.
E: Yeah, sorry Sir.
Mr. W: Just get on with your work.

Chrissy nudges Alex.

C: He's here.
A: Yeah, I know. I do have eyes like the rest of us.
C: What happened on Friday?
A: Nothing.
C: You sure? You look a bit awkward..
A: Fine, I'll tell you. But you can't tell anyone, okay?
C: Okay?
A: We kissed on Friday and this morning he asked Gareth to pick me up and now I think that he hates me...
C: You kissed?
A: Yes but keep your voice down.
C: Sorry, I'm just so happy for you!

Suddenly a paper ball landed on Alex's desk out of nowhere, Eddie's signature way of passing her notes in class. She looks over at him to see him smirking to himself.

C: Is it from Eddie?
A: Well, this is how he always passes notes...
C: In screwn up paper balls?
A: Yep.
C: Read it then!
A: Okay, okay.

Alex opened it and whispers it to chrissy.

A: "Meet me at our spot?".
C: You guys have a special spot?
A: Yeah, in the woods.
C: You have to say yes.
A: But what if the whole thing's just really awkward.
C: Or the whole thing could be great...
A: Fine

Alex writes on the peace of paper in her fancy handwriting that Eddie barley understands.

"Yeah, of course Eds"