Author's Note

During my teen years, I used to enjoy Transformers Robots In Disguise (2015), a show that is a sequel to Transformers Prime (my second favorite TF series, next to Animated which is my favorite TF series). As I caught a glimpse of the show on TV, seeing my favorite Autobot Bumblebee as the leader of his group, I also found out that it was a sequel to TF Prime. Because of that, I decided to watch all episodes of TF Prime, ending with the Predacons Rising finale.

But as time went on, my opinions drastically changed about TFRID. While the show is either loved or hated by fans, I acknowledged it as a mixed bag. But I can agree with the fans that TFRID 2015 sadly failed as a sequel to a critically acclaimed show. The real reason Hasbro created this show was to boost Toy Sales, not to mention that it has a lot of continuity errors, I am aware that the Aligned Continuity was always inconsistent from the start, due to Hasbro making their decision to combine the WFC/FOC games with the 2010 cartoon, and even including Rescue Bots, which was not supposed to be a part of the TF Prime Continuity.

It does not help that TFRID2015 also ruined a perfect ending for Transformers Prime; bringing Optimus from the dead was super unnecessary as it was the result of toy sales that ruined the ending of Transformers Prime. Aside from that, my favorite Autobot Bumblebee was not treated with respect which breaks my heart because Bee is my favorite Transformers character. He was the reason that I watched TFRID. 

When I first watched TFPrime, Bumblebee was considered to be one of the best characters in the show, due to his subtle character development. Heck, the writers did a BETTER job at handling the concept of a mute Bumblebee, because it added more depth to his character. Bumblebee is heavily hinted to have PTSD as a result of the pain Megatron inflicted upon him. As a part of his characterization, Bumblebee was justified in killing the Decepticon leader, and here we got the most memorable moment in the final episode where Bumblebee not only killed Megatron right in the chest but also regained his voice (I can't get enough of Will Friedle's voice acting).

It genuinely upsets me to see his character getting degraded and butchered in TFRID, just like how Beast Machines did dirty to some of my favorite Maximals, especially Rhinox. I love the concept of Bumblebee being the captain of his team in a potential sequel, especially after seeing his character growth in TFPrime and how he would felt doubtful of his role as a leader, but it sadly suffered from a horrible execution because Hasbro did not care about good story and treated the series as nothing more than a commercial toy sale so that kids can buy new toys. This is why I don't like TFRID anymore on how the show butchered my favorite Autobot. Bumblebee deserves a better treatment.

Me and my good friend/partner Stingerstrike77 had been discussing plans on how to rewrite TFRID, adding a lot of changes to the show to make it way better than the actual series such as fixing all of its problems and continuity errors that the show has caused and make it accurate to TF Prime. 

The TFRID rewrite will have numerous changes such as having a new title, a CGI animation (similar to TF Prime), and a darker tone. It will become more like TF Animated and Beast Wars (since these shows were better at handling the balance between humor and maturity).

I hope the rewrite will do justice to Bumblebee and the other characters because they deserve better stories. Hope you guys like my rewrite.