Chapter One

♥︎

♕♥︎♕

♥︎

A new reality

It was early in the morning when Adeline Hayes decided to go on a walk. The city park was always crowded, there were a lot of stalls with fake witches and warlocs that attracted tourists.
That's why she was surprised when, passing one of the stalls, she heard someone call her name.

Adeline turned her head to the voice.
It was a Chinese man who seemed to be in his late 20s. He was wearing a very extravagant suit and had lot's of glitters spread on his hair. 

He gestured for her to come closer to his stall and while she didn't trust a bone in this man she decided to comply.
Adeline was a little weirded out on how this man seemed to know her name, all the witches there were fake and had their secret tricks, but that didn't mean it wasn't creepy.

"Hi.." she hesitated while sitting on the chair. She took a moment to better observe the environment around her.

"Adeline Hayes" he started "it's a pleasure meeting you" the mysterious man held out his hand.
She shook it and felt an uncomfortable shiver going up and down her spine.

"How do you know my name? I never told it to anybody here" She asked curious.

"A magician never reveals his secrets, you should know" the mysterious man answered while playfully smirking.
"I sensed a sad soul walking around, when I saw you I was sure it was yours. Tell me dear, in which reality do you want to go?" He asked.

His question confused her a little. Of course she knew about different realities, but it was just fiction and magic, unfortunately, didn't exists.
She knew it was fake, that man was just fooling her but she decided to play along.. it wasn't like she had something to do anyway other than mourn the end -and what end- of her favorite tv show.

"What kind of question is that? Shouldn't you magicians, y'know, read tarot cards or something like that?" she raised a eyebrow

"Oh it was a rhetorical question! I already know where you want to go! Reality 101.22, a good choice!" he exclaimed while applauding and congratulating.

Adeline opened her mouth but no sound came out, damn, it really was a weird day.

"I don't know what your talking abo-"

The magician cut her off while pouring erbs and weird-looking liquids on a mortar.

"Oh, I often forget people don't know about reality numbers. It's quite simple but not everyone can understand it! You want to go in your favorite tv show reality. New Orleans! I miss those days!" he rambled using a pestle to mix the weird substance, she looked at him creeped out.
"You're lucky I found you here today! This potion can make it real, give me your hands."