Chapter 13

Back at the Man's Nest

We returned to our headquarter's after a long walk in our normal clothes.We entered the Man's Nest and saw Schwoz sleeping on a cat bed,that weird thing was not really new so we quietly went to our room with disgusted faces.

We got to the room safe and luckily we didn't wake anyone up.Bose reached for the doorknob and opened the door as silently as possible.He peeked out and saw that Mika and Miles were back and sleeping.Next,i let him in first and came after him and closed the door with my face scrunched up and hoped it'll not make a noise.

Once our tension ended after succesfully not making a noise we got to our beds and mouthed to eachother goodnight.As i laid on my bed I couldn't sleep,i was just thinking of what would happen if my killing continued in the future.I wouldn't be a hero if i did,Ray would fire me if he finds out.I eventually stopped thinking like that and closed my eyes to fall asleep.

The next morning in SW.A.G

"And thats how you tell if a villain is lying,so easy right?,it's just all about looking at their facial movements and expressions,AND REALLY!?" as Ray yelled at an annoyed tone towards Miles,Bose,and me as we were sleeping and woke up except for Mika."Is this lesson really boring?,its pretty useful" she told us as Ray agreed to her,"well we're "sorry",you were just talking about yourself in almost every sentence" Miles said to Ray with a fake smile."ughh! you know what forget it lets just go onto our next less-" he got interrupted before his sentence even finished by a KLVY news report.

________________________________________

KLVY news

Trent : breaking news! a dead body had been reportedly found beside the Jandy river.

Mary : The body is found to be a young boy who was severly stabbed in the stomach and lots of cuts on his arms,neck,and face,plus a strange carving on the skin which said "checkmate".

Trent : That's right Mary,police are investigating who could have done this gory mess.

Mary : Till then wait for further updates.

Trent : And now moving on to fun news,The annual food fight day is currently being held at Swellview Jr. High...
_________________________________________

I was frozen,my heart was racing.I kinda felt a bit familiar about the carving.I then got snapped out from my thoughts when Ray turned off the news.He was gonna continue but sadly got cut off from Mika "aww,poor kid...he must be so inoccent but some monster killed him,how dare they!" she said not knowing that im the "monster".

I was sick of this,i didn't wanna keep hearing all of this so i decided to go to the bathroom to have some space,"hey...im gonna go to the bathroom,i had not peed in the last 15 minutes" i lied and Ray excused me.

I opened the door to the bathroom and saw myself in the mirror.I went over and put my hands on the sink and looked at my reflection "i guess Mika's right...im a monster...a stinkin' monster"
as i said that to myself tears started to form.I faced my head down and started to sob a little then i cried very hard with a burning tear which ran down my cheek.

I heard the door open which got my attention,i couldn't see who it was properly because of my tear blurred eyes.I quickly stopped crying and wiped my tears off and looked at the mirror again.I looked at the the reflection to find that Bose was standing there.I stopped looking at the mirror and turned my head to Bose and asked "dude,what are you doing in the girl's bathroom?"."I followed you..." he answered.I ignored the fact that he followed me into the girls bathroom and asked him a question again "so why did you follow me?,correction a monster actually...",he came a step forward "Chapa,your not a monster,Mika and the rest don't know that you are the one who killed Crank" he told me.

"But my stupid uncontrollable anger got in the way,of course im a monster,a maniac,a psychopath,or whatever anyone is gonna call me!.IT'S ALL MY FAULT AND THE MOST RIDICULIOUS THING IS THAT I DON'T EVEN REMEM-",i got cut off as Bose turned me around and hugged me and whispered "let it all out...this whole thing will blow over...don't worry".I cried on his shoulder for a few minutes and let go,i wiped a tear and laughed a bit "now get out,this is a girls bathroom,remember?" as i reminded him with a sniffle.He giggled "oh right" as he walked out and left me.

Well remember how i used a lie,well it became true so i did that in pure boredom.I finished with my business and went out to go back to the classroom to find it empty "guess they went upstairs" as i said to myself and went to my chair to get launched up to the Man's Nest.

After that trip i got to the Man's Nest.I walked over from my chair and noticed that everyone was staring at me including Ray but in a angry way."Umm,why are y'all staring at me like that?" as i asked all my friends in pure confusion,"well,Bose told me something very unacceptable!" Ray answered my question as he crossed his arms.I thought to myself "Bose...that snitch!",but before i could say anything Ray interrupted and came a step towards me "YOU! forgot to wash my Captain Manderpants!" as he pulled up a pair from his pocket (ew!).

I had expected something else but i did "forget" to do that. "Oops,i forgot,sORry" i said in a sarcastic tone."Also why were the three of you staring at me?" I asked as i turned to them,"Ray told us to!" Miles told to me while he pointed to Ray.

I looked back at him and scoffed "typical,Ray",he shrugged "whaat...i wanted it to be dramatic.We all eyerolled,even Schwoz who had just come into the room with a pretty intimidating looking weapon.

To be continued...

Author's note

A little something about the 'checkmate' carving,it means that whenever Chapa kills someone who makes her feel like that she is gonna lose,she proves to them that she wins no matter what .

Also thanks so much for over 1.12k reads😊.