Prologue

Hi readers!!! This was actually a story for English in year 7. One of my friends got me onto wattpad and I decided to put this story on. Hope you enjoy. And trust me... It gets better!!! Just warning you... This is a fusion of all of my favourite books and movies including The Da Vinci Code, The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner, The Matrix and more. Please don't accuse me of ripping off these books. I did this on purpose so a wide array of readers will enjoy my book. Thank you and please don't hate...

Prologue:
"Help me." A voice called in a raspy voice. Understandable seeings the fact that he had just been shot. He lay on the cold, hard floor as he slowly bled to his death. He had to tell his secret. Someone had to know the truth. If he died here then no one would find the secret that he had kept hidden all these years. It would die with him in this old abandoned gallery. Tomorrow morning, the janitor would arrive and find his corpse lying on the ground, crumpled up against the wall. He had to let someone know. otherwise the secret would be kept within himself and be buried underground. With his last bit of strength he dragged his way over to the wall and lay his blood sodden finders on a painting that was probably worth billions, although it looked like it had been painted by a four year old. He lifted the painting to show the back of it. The dying man heard a voice from the hallways. The eerie footsteps echoed against the cold hard ground. The person making the footsteps swiftly turned the corner and stared at the dying man.
"Hello, Jacques De'laver." the man said whilst adorning the hallway blocking any escape for the dying man. The strange mans eyes pierced into his one blue the other green.
"Ill give you one chance to tell me the secret." He said. "You don't want it die with you. Alone and forgotten. Imagine the secret that you searched for so long. Now tell me!!!"
"No..." Jacques De'laver said with a stutter.
"All right." He said raising a small pistol up to Jacques body. "There are other ways to find out." Acting quickly Jacques rolled to the side and ducked for cover behind a wall. He quickly stood up his side aching. He looked down at the blood stain on his new white shirt. The bullet had pierced his stomach. He would be dead within the hour, The acids entering his internal organs burning him from the inside. He crawled towards a painting. He lifted the painting to reveal the underside. He quickly got to work and in his last dying breath he whispered "don't let this secret die with me." Then his body slumped to the floor with a thud. He lay there, dead.