Chapter 37 (Last Chapter)

Third Person's POV

The ring seated perfectly on her finger, as if he had just picked the ring that had the purpose of being hers. It had a decent amount of sparkle and she liked that about it.

Vernon stood up from kneeling and instantly wrapped his arms around her for an embrace. He was so relieved that he had already, and successfully done what he has been initiating to do for the whole day.

"I thought you were cheating on me with someone.", Liv said, drawing circles on his back with her finger.

Vernon's forehead creased, he was utterly confused but tried not to show it that much and hear out her reasons first. "What made you think that way?", He questioned.

"Because. . you seem like you were hiding something.", She started, and Vernon began to feel guilty because he made her think that way. "Like earlier when I approached you while you were sitting on the couch, you didn't want me to see who you were texting."

"Oh, that.", He softly chuckled. "I was texting Sean, asking him about. .", Vernon halted when the embarrassment grew on him.

And confused, Liv partially parted their hug to face him. "About what?"

Vernon looked away, biting his lower lip before he spoke again. "About. . how to. . you know, have a proper proposal.", and it was right at the end of his sentence when his eyes went back to looking at her.

"So, you mean to tell me you were asking your friend some tips to propose to someone the whole time.", Liv didn't bother preventing her grin anymore.

" 'Cause, he's experienced and he was the one who told me to go to him whenever I need some tips on these kinds of stuffs.", Vernon suddenly let out a laugh, at his friend for some of his bizarre tips and to himself for counting on his bestfriend on his own marriage proposal.

"When we get married, are you going to ask him for some tips too?", She asked, teasing him. "What about when we go on our honeymoon, are you going to ask him about how we should spend the night? Because I feel like you would."

Vernon pulled her closer to fully hug her again, her chin placed comfortably on his shoulder.

"Of course not.", He replied with a laughing tone, but not soon yet, she felt his warm breath brushing against his ears. "We have done it for so many times, why would I ask my friend for tips? We even have Leon now.", His voice was deep and low.

She stiffened. It was supposed to be just her teasing him, yet now, how the tables have turned.

"Our baby's asleep. You know what that means?", He whispered in her ear, his breath hitting her skin by every word.

Liv took a step back and broke the hug out of panic and he didn't hold her back, knowing where she would land. Her back hit the railings of the balcony, and in one swift move, both his hands went to the railings, holding her captive in between.

He didn't waste a second and pressed his lips against her, harsh but in the best way possible.

She couldn't really think of anything, all that was with her at that moment were her feelings, the butterflies and the way how his kiss makes her feel.

Vernon parted their lips in a one inch gap before whispering to her. "I was just going to tease you, but why do you always have to taste like this?", he questioned, and she could literally see the slight worry on his face.

Liv couldn't help but grin. "I guess I win the teasing game.", She replied in a low, purposely tempting tone, cupping his cheeks and was now the one who pulled him for a kiss thereafter.