Puhon

"Yes sir. You don't know how much this means for me and my husband. Yep. Mmhm. Thank you. I'll email you tonight when we get home."

"So? What'd they say?" Ryan said. Behind his wayfarer sunglasses he looked really nervous, but it was too heavily tinted to show any emotions. His half smiling lips didn't do his anxiety justice, either.

"We got it." Perry sighed. She knew they've been waiting for this for eight months. It was a project they were both looking forward to for the entirety of their lives, even before they got married. And eight months ago when they got close to that dream, it was what they would call "being successful" and was due for a mini celebration.

Ryan looked down and sighed. It was such a relief to finally have something work marvelously in their lives. Besides him going down in one knee and asking to be Perry's husband for eternity, this was probably the most joy he's had since then, and he's trying his best to stay composed by inhaling and exhaling, followed by a gulp of cold brew under the blistering heat.

"480,000." Perry spoke, with a hint of disbelief. "All six companies, starting with their main fast food lineup. Logos, brand identity, the whole fucking nine yards."

"I know! Jesus, Perry this is insane." Ryan exclaimed, with a smidge of excitement slipping past his face, as he couldn't hide it anymore and managed to flaunt the biggest smile he's had all day.

"God, I love you." Perry grabbed him by the chin, and pulled his face closer for a kiss. They both laughed when their lips parted.

It was just a regular weekend afternoon. They were on their second year as a married couple, and they decided to spend it on a cafe Ryan has been wanting to try out for since they fell in love. It was a cafe that he frequently passed by some long years ago, but at the time he could never afford a meal for both of them, let alone himself.

He looked up at the sky, wondering if it was the same hot day that he decided he'd take her there someday. Coincidentally, the same outfits he pictured them both to be in: Black shirt, brown shorts and white sneakers, while Perry wore a navy blue sunday dress and light brown sneakers. Both of them wearing black wayfarer sunglasses.

He knew that all the fights and all the "almost lost you" moments were worth it. All the misunderstandings, and all the distrust towards each other, gone. As if it was a wound that took years to heal, to completely fade and bore new skin. He knew that it was the moment he's been waiting for. The pivotal moment where everything falls into place. The things that they worried about got better, because problems never really go away. They just improve the more life gets better. And it's okay.

"Hey" Ryan said, holding his cold brew with both hands while keeping his gaze towards the love of his life. "I love you".

"I love you too." she said, returning the same loving stare her husband continues to give.

"Do you remember this place?" He said, gesturing to the park where dogs were playing with their masters, and the cafe with an almost empty interior.

She looked around, trying to find something that would be of relevance to what he was trying to say. "No wait." he gave her a moment. "I think you mentioned it before. Tell me."

"When we were still fucked up young lovers, I told you I wanted to take you here when we get married." He grinned, feeling proud of himself for remembering and holding on to this memory for so long.

"Oh! Right! Of course!" her eyes widened, the memory of their conversation slowly gushing from her brain, and pouring down to her eyes, and slowly to her entire body. Filling her with details.

She then realized, looking down at what she was wearing, and when she was done inspecting and affirming, she looked at Ryan. "Oh my God! Our clothes!"

He bolstered a laugh. They were both laughing and shaking their heads for a good two minutes, slapping each other's thighs while they're at it.

"Oh my God, Ryan! We didn't plan what we were wearing!"

"I know! That's what makes this even more special." trying to come back down from the high their laughter brought.

It was perfect. Their life was just as they wanted it to be. Sure, they still don't have kids, and at this point in their lives, having one wasn't essential, and they knew it. As long as they had each other. The world could continue to bring about more fuck ups and catastrophes, but nothing could top this moment.

This cafe.

This life.