Chapter 13

It's been three days. Three days since I've spoken to Thomas. The kids asked about him everyday and all I said was he was on a business trip. It hurt a lot, I felt like half of me was gone. Thomas was my everything and now he was gone. It felt so unreal. I don't know if we're going to talk again or not, I really hope so. Of course I was still pretty furious about him leaving the kids but I just really want to talk it out.

            Right now I was on my way to the doctors to see how far along I am on my pregnancy. I've been doing everything to keep my mind off of Thomas, cleaning, rearranging the living room, and building forts with the kids. It was a mess really. I was a mess.

            When I got there I nearly screamed when I saw Thomas sitting in the chair. He got up and walked over to me. I bit my lip and held my breath. His hair was disheveled, his cheeks were splotchy and it looked like he hasn't gotten much sleep.

"Hey." He said.

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wouldn't miss this." He said softly. I nodded my head.

"Can we talk about everything, after this." He asked.

I nodded my head. He gave a small smile and I returned it. We sat down. My heart was pounding. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do. My mind was filled with relief that he actually wanted to talk things through.

"Mr. and Mrs. Sangster." A nurse called. We both got up and followed the nurse through the small doctors office. She led us in a room and told me to lie down on the examine bed. The doctor greeted us and then did the usual routine of putting the cold gel on my stomach and using the ultrasound machine thing. Thomas was sitting to the side watching the screen as well.

"Seems like he or she is growing really well." Doctor Sudan smiled. I smiled as well. Suddenly the silent room was filled with a very faint noise.

"And that would be the heart beat." She said. I smiled even wider, so did Thomas.

            After wiping the gel off and talking about the baby we were released and walked outside. Doctor Sudan told me that I was about two months pregnant, maybe a bit more. I shoved my hands in my pockets and slightly swayed on my feet.

"So..." I said.

"So." He said softly.

"I'm still mad at you." I said.

He nodded his head. "I know."

"I can't believe you can't trust me and you left the kids alone." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"I know." He said hanging his head. My heart hurts. It really does.

"I'm so sorry Autumn." He whispered. "I shouldn't have left the kids alone, I shouldn't have took that song so literally, I should trust you." He was speaking normally now.

"Thomas-"

"No let me speak please." He said kindly. I nodded my head.

"I'm the worst husband and father ever. I don't deserve you and I'm such a moron to think that you would cheat on me. I should trust you more and be a better husband and father." He said, looking down at the ground. "I'm so freaking sorry."

I wiped the tears away from my face.

"I don't know if I can forgive you right now." I said. He looked up, tears in his eyes.

"I know I will someday but I just can't right now..." I said. "I'm still furious with you."

"Can I come back home?" He asked.

I had to give a small laugh. "You could have came home whenever, you live with there too."

"Yeah." He said softly. I couldn't resist it anymore. I grabbed his hands in mine; he looked up and into my eyes.

"You're still my husband, still the father of our children, and you're still my Thomas." I gave a small smile. "No body else's."

"And you're still my world." He whispered. "You're still my Autumn, nobody else's."

A/N

Because I'm in a good mood-ish. <3

Comment, follow, Vote pretty please with a cherry on top!

 Talk to ya later shanks! ~Emily