𝟎𝟎𝟐 The Demon King

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Ⅱ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈

RORY STEPPED OUT OF THE HOUSE, FIXING THE CUFFS ON HER RED LEATHER JACKET. She walked to V and Nero who stood around the front fence. Nero fixed his coat properly and Rory nodded. "...My weapons are in the garage. Mind waiting?" Nero questioned looking over at V and the bird.

"I've already told you, we don't have much time-"

"Hurry up! And don't forget your hanky and toilet paper, kiddo!" The bird yelled interrupting V. Nero rolled his eyes and slipped into the shed.

V turned to look up at Rory, who was already looking down at him. He flicked out his leather coat and turned his head away. "This is a dangerous mission," V reminded, his hand resting on his cane.

Rory laughed softly and shook her head. "Your right, you should probably go home," Rory shot back, crossing her arms and leaning on the fence. Rory looked up at the helicopter, eyeing it as the loud sounds of the blades got closer.

"You're telling me that's our ride?" Nero questioned, stepping over the fence. "Talk about posh... Don't get too close, the others will wake up."

"Do I look like I can contact it right now? Try jumping and telling the piolet in person," V shrugged.

"Yeah, sure," Nero sighed, his eyes rolling in annoyance. "Rory, can you make it... less loud?" Nero questioned looking past V. Rory raised her hand to rest her elbow on her hip and wriggled her fingers, the loud whooshing sounds dying down to a soft hum.

V eyed Rory from the side of his eye, watching her hand drop back to her side. "You're welcome," Rory mumbled.

"Hey, I grabbed this as well," Nero spoke up pulling a crown-like headband from his jacket pocket. "Kat woke up, told me to give it to you." Rory took it from Nero, not giving V enough time to look at it.

THE ENIRE PLACE STUNK OF BLOOD AND ROTTING PLANTS. Rory turned her nose up at the smell and eyed the path ahead. "What are we doin' wasting our time here?" Nero sighed walking beside Rory as they walked through the tree. "He's got this." Nero looked past all the big roots, out towards where the fighting and gunfire could be heard as Dante fought the demon.

"You should not underestimate this demon," V ordered as he walked in front of the two. "After all, it was he that took your right arm. And gained a great deal of power from it." V walked ahead, not letting Nero and Rory hear what they were saying.