𝟎𝟎𝟑 Blood and Water

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Ⅲ 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

"WE HAVE ONE MONTH... UNTIL THE TREE MATURES. If nothing is done by then, this world will come to an end."

"Are you really leaving?" Kat questioned. She held a stuff toy of a bunny, one eye missing and its purple color had faded to grey. 

Rory fixed her jacket and knelt in front of Kat. "For a bit, only a couple of days," Rory nodded and brushed Kat's hair back. "You'll barely notice I'm gone."

"Don't worry," Kyrie reassured, walking over to Kat and resting her hand's on her shoulders. "I'll look after her." 

Rory nodded and stood up. "Thank you," Rory smiled.

"Don't worry," Kyrie said. "One more munchkin won't hurt."

Rory walked to the garage moving her hands out, runes covering the floor to re-open the portal in the same place the demon did. The portal rippled open, a red glow cast across the room. "Is this really a good idea?" Nero asked walking after her, the side of his face still lightly bruised. "You're gonna go take your covens power?"

"I'm taking a powerful spell book, whatever happens after that..." Rory shrugged and turned to the portal.

Nero reached out, gripping her wrist and spinning her back to face him. "What do you mean whatever happens?" Nero snapped.

Rory took a breath and Nero released her wrist. "My coven is more of a... cult," Rory explained with a shrug. "There's a reason I'm running around with a kid that isn't mine. It's not a good one." Rory stepped back and offered Nero a smile. "I'm a big girl Nero, I got this. I'll see you in a few days." Rory stepped back through the portal, spinning as she travelled to the corners of a cove miles away.

Rory made her way through the old house, taking out whatever witches came her way. It wasn't there fault, Rory thought as she set one to the ground, the wound in her side gushing blood. But they're still here. Rory turned and took a deep breath, facing her mother who pushed a mile of wreckage off her. "You think this will make it better?" Scarlett scoffed, pulling herself onto a table to stand. "Saving one child will not make up for the blood on your hands."

Rory took a long breath and tilted her head up. "Where's the book?" Rory questioned, taking a step forward.

"All the people you just killed, is that kid going to forgive you for this?" Her mother spat, raising her chin in the air. "Killing your kind, just to gain the power to fight a demon king? You think that will stop it."

Rory threw her hand up sending her mother flying across the room. "I want the book," Rory spoke again, walking over to Scarlett. "Give me the book now and you'll never see me again."