1

Anna walked out of the big red brick building, into the parking lot of the university of Granada.

Her boyfriends car sat idling in its spot with Aaron leaning against the hood, a lit cigarette hanging between his lips and the smoke dripping out of his mouth.

She walked over to him, feeling a pair of eyes follow her every movement and when she turned around she found Billy Hargrove staring at her a smirk playing around his lips.

She gave him a wink and got into her boyfriends car, she noticed aaron stare at the girls wearing short skirts and walking past him.

Before she could say anything he threw his cigarette on the floor and got into the driver's seat leaning over to her to greet her with a kiss. His lips tasted of smoke and tobaco.

During the drive he let his hand rest on her thigh.

______

He took her home to the flat she shared with her best friend named Gracia, the other girl was already out and Anna decided to have a quick shower.

She let the soap studs run down her body and into the drain, she watched them until they disappeared and the water turned cold.

_____

Anna walked out of her room, wearing a low cut black dress, she had done her hair, letting it flow past her shoulders. Her lips were painted a dark red. She looked beautiful.

She saw Aaron laying on the sofa watching a shitty TV show, wearing stained sweat pants and a dirty shirt. He was on the phone speaking Spanish loudly.

Something snapped in Anna's brain.

"What the fuck?"

"Qué?" Aaron spoke into the phone and held up a finger telling her to be quiet while he was on the phone.

"Asshole." she muttered under her breath and walked into the kitchen to pour herself a glass of red wine.

After her second glass, Aaron walked in. An annoyed look on his face as he looked at Anna.

"You know not to talk when I'm on the phone!" he whined, his braces gleaming in the light of the ceiling lamp.

"Why aren't you dressed?" She asked ignoring his previous order.

"To go where?" he asked his strong bolivian accent pushing past the borders of the English sentence.

"The fucking party I've been telling you about for two whole months!"

"I don't know it's today..." his voice trailed off as he neared Anna. Opening his arms to hug her.

"Don't fucking lie to me asshole!" she hissed pushing past him and grabbing her handbag.

"You not gonna wait?" he asked.

"No. And you're not coming. We're done. I've had enough of you fucking my entire social life up because your too fucking lazy to get ready. Take your things and leave." She explained shrugging on her jacket and walking to the font door.

"Anna, can we not talk?" he called after her. She turned to face him he was standing in the door frame.

"No. If I come back and you're still here I'm calling the cops. I swear to fucking god!" she slammed the door shut behind her.

_____

The bass from the party could be felt a street away from the party and Anna was so ready to forget the whole afternoon.

She squeezed through the throng of people bopping their heads and drinks spilling all over the floor.

She felt bad for the people who lived here. They were going to have to clean so much up.