Astrid's power emerges

Astrid woke up ready for school and was excited to go to school but as she was coming down stairs she heard her parents talking about her starting school clark doesnt think it's such a good idea but lois is skeptical because jonathan will be there to keep her leveled when astrid came down stairs she was not happy she asked her father why cant she go to school because astrid your heat vision could hurt someone or they could find out about our family and I would prefer none of my children are sent to a laboratory to be dissected like a science experiment said lois and clark to their daughter but Astrid loves school she asks her parents after I get my powers under control can I return to school her father and mother said yes but they want her to communicate more with them and they will try to be better parents and understand her more. But Astrid is still a little hurt from the emotional neglect but Astrid parents are trying but they just don't know where to start because there biggest fear is Astrid can just move out and go to college and never speak to them again but they don't want that to happen so they are trying everything in their power to not let that happen.