─𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ⁽ˢ²⁾

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃.
Every morning, Demetri and I would wake up early to be at the dojo first thing in the morning.

Mr. Larusso was a great teacher, and I realized that spending my days waxing cars, doing Kata, or meditating wasn't so terrible, even though I had to listen to all of Demetri's complaints.

The truth was, I had lost contact with almost everyone.
I only saw Eli sometimes when he slept over, and apart from a few times when Moon would send me funny tiktoks (that were only funny to her), my only companion was Demetri.
Well, and Robby and Samantha, of course.
Although I didn't spend much time with them, since Dem and I were mostly painting walls or sanding floors, I always saw them in the yard. Training, looking like Chuck Norris himself.

Robby, in particular, caught my attention.
He was always so focused, so bright, so... charming. He didn't seem like the kind of guy who would go to my school, but there was something about him that sparked my interest.
I had never spoken to him, of course. We'd merely wave at each other in the mornings, and I would be on my way.
I hadn't spoken with Samantha much either. I knew everything had changed, but for some reason, the social hierarchy of West Valley High still felt present at the dojo.
However, seeing her so relaxed and authentic made me rethink my opinion of her, as I had harbored a grudge against her for what had occurred with Yasmine.

"Uh, hey, are we doing shirts versus skins?" Demetri asked Robby and Samantha as we entered the dojo "'Cause I prefer to be a shirt. Not saying you girls have to be a skin" He said looking at Sam and then turning to look at me "Unless you want to... I support your right to choose"

"Demetri, Alexandra, over here!" Mr.Larusso called, and I chuckled and mouthed an apology to Samantha before approaching our sensei.

"Show me sand the floor," Mr. Larusso requested after Demetri tried to excuse himself, saying that his mom had excused him from any 'extensive arm and leg movements.'

"You want us to sand it again? It's pretty smooth!" Demetri said, confused.

"No, not actually sand the floor. The movement. Show me the movement, remember?" He said standing in fighting position when we understood.

"You go first, Demetri. You ready?"

The events that ensued were rather... pathetic.
I suppose Mr. Larusso had hoped that Demetri, who had sworn that if he got one more splinter he would bleed to death, would suddenly have turned into Jackie Chan.
Of course, that didn't occur.
Demetri received a painful kick to the thigh without even having time to react and almost cried like a baby.

"Do you... Want to be here, Demetri?" Mr. Larusso inquired when Demetri finally stopped whimpering.

"Not really."

"Then why are you here?"

"My whole life I've been, let's just say, less than popular. But at least I had a few friends. And then Cobra Kai comes to town, and next thing I know, my friends are taking karate and becoming alpha jerks.
I'm literally being threatened by my best friend. I just wanted to show I could fight back" I looked down, as Demetri's speech hit close home.

"Look, I understand what you're going through. I do" Mr. Larusso said after a pause "But Miyagi-Do isn't about showing off. It's about-"

"Self-defense. I know." Demetri cut him off "Problem is, my self is too weak" He said, walking away.

Mr. Larusso looked at me, desperate.

"Don't worry. Demetri is... Strange" I said quoting the words Mr. Larusso had said to me a few weeks ago "He's not going to give up. He just needs a little time"