Closeted

| A / N |

Heyo,

Sorry for slow updates, school is a pain and takes up a lot of time, y'know?

Anyways, this story is about Bandu and Expunged being great siblings cause we need more of them!

Headcanons included: Expunged is quiet (mostly), Expunged sometimes speaks through writing on a sketchpad, Bandu and Expunged have childhood trauma, and some more i think.

Enjoy!

| A / N |

I can't believe him. After telling Expunged I CLEARLY have a bag of gummies that he can't eat since they're mine, He eats them anyways! The nerve of my brother, gosh, why does he have to be so rude to everyone, including me! I don't get it at all. I always help him out and I almost never say anything mean and yet he mocks me and pushes me around like some sort of doll!

I know it's pathetic to cry over a bag of gummy bears, but this is the last straw!

I rise on the couch and waddle up the staircase, making my way into his room. Ignoring the multiple 'Do not enter' and 'Keep out' signs on his banged up, wooden door. I place my hand onto the cold doorknob and freeze for a moment. I listen to see if he's doing anything that may involve him destroying the 2D dimension, like always. Thankfully, I don't hear any sort of conversation going on.

Infact, I hear something else. I don't know how to put it into words, but it sounds like he's in pain and is crying. Then again, this is Expunged and I've known him since we were little, chaotic, babies and even as a baby, he didn't even shed a tear. So hearing this feels like he's doing something horrific. Maybe sacrificing someone, you never know when it comes to Expunged.

After a brief moment, I opened the door, swung it forward and immediately began searching for him. I can hear the sobs and weeps coming from a slightly closed closet in the room and approach it. I can feel fear run throughout my whole body like electricity.

What is he even doing? Is it even Expunged? This is where I'll find out. But first, I softly knock on the almost shut door. "Expunged? Is that you? Are you ok?" All these questions begin flooding out of my mouth, trying to ask the person who they are, if they're hurt or need help. The only thing I can still hear though is sobbing.

I've had enough and need answers. I swing the door open to reveal a person, Red hat, red shirt and pants, wrapped in blankets, still crying and not even looking up at me. I can tell, obviously, it's Expunged. I don't understand though. Why is he crying? He never has cried in his life, or even expressed an emotion other than anger or joy.

"Expunged, what happened to you?"

He still won't respond. This isn't that weird though, Expunged was always the quiet type of person, yes he did speak more around people like me, but really, he isn't much of a talker. Without a word, I make my way towards him, kneeling down, and I just hug him gently. I would like to know why he's upset, but I don't think right now isn't a good time to ask. He settles down pretty quick after the hug and scoots away a bit from the hug, almost bumping into the back of the wall in the closet.

"I think we should go sit somewhere else besides a pitch black, claustrophobic, closet, Expunge."

He slowly nods, and gets up from the ground, his legs look wobbly and he stumbles a bit when getting out the closet. Once again, this is a bit normal, at times when extremely upset or even overly excited, his legs wobble, signaling he's either really mad or really happy.

We make our way downstairs, Expunged still wrapped in his blanket. "How about I make tea, then when everything is more settled down, we can talk." He nods again and sits down on the couch. He looks like a mess, his eyes are a bit puffy from sobbing, he's shaking like crazy, and his usual abnormal grin is now a small frown. Honestly, for a god, he's a completely new person when sad.

"You look like a train wreck, bro." I say, slightly chuckling as I hand him a cup of tea. He stays silent and just gives me an annoyed expression. The light chuckle from me dies down and I sit next to him as he begins to drink the tea. I don't know what to say to him at this moment, I don't even know where to start.

I take in a deep breath and sigh out softly. I have to start with something or this will go nowhere and he'll just be even more upset. "Listen," I begin to speak, causing the other to slowly avert his eyes towards me. "I don't know why you're like, crying and stuff, despite you never showing any emotion other than happiness and anger, but I wanna tell you that I will be here for you whatever it is." He turns his head the other way and I sigh again.

"Please, if anything, just tell me what happened and don't give me the silent treatment." Expunged slightly grumbles at my words and turns his head back to me, now staring at me in the eyes. "I-" He tries to begin with any word, but I can tell, he doesn't have any idea what to say. "Would it make you feel better if I had you write it down?" He gently nods and I rise up from the couch, going back upstairs into my own room.

I began to rummage through drawers, boxes, until I found it. A small sketchpad should work along with a little 'Happy birthday' pencil, right? I come back downstairs to see Expunged and an empty cup in his hands. "You already finished the tea? Damn, That was fast." I chuckle once again and Expunged gives me a weak smile before having it fade back to his frown.

I hand him the sketchpad and pencil. "Here, try to write down whatever you can." He begins to write along the lines of the sketchpad and I try to peek over his shoulder to see what he's writing. 

The sound of scribbles is enough to make me a bit sleepy. I yawn and Expunged slightly looks over to me. I begin to feel a slight shiver run down my spine from how he's glaring at me. It's like I'm transparent or something. He goes back to writing after what seemed forever. Within the next minute, he tears out the paper and hands it to me, face down.

I take the paper from his hand and begin reading. The following writing reads,

"Bandu, the reason I'm upset is because of a memory I remembered randomly. I can't go into details about the memory, but it was a very triggering memory to me. It's the reason I am expressing a new emotion to you at the moment. Please do not be disturbed by this, I will calm down soon. I promise."

I look back up to Expunged who is looking at me with a somewhat neutral expression. "I'm sorry Expunged. I know what the memory is, I was there, y'know. I won't just let you 'calm down', I'll help you feel much better!" Expunged gives a weak smile to me again, this time though, it mostly stays.

I grab a blanket from the arm of the couch and wrap it around Expunged. "Now you have 2 blankets!" I grin warmly and his weak smile increases to a hopeful smile. "Oh! I have an idea! We can make a pillow fort and watch a cool movie!" I slightly squeal at the thought. I love movie nights! "I'd like that." Expunged says softly. I lightly gasp at this and my smile widens even more than before.

"Alrighty then! Grab some pillows and make a HUGE castle!!" I shout as I dash into the kitchen. "I have an idea for a movie! First, though, I'll make popcorn!" I hear Expunged giggle at the comment. Who cares about gummy bears? I got my big brother by my side and I wouldn't change it for the 3D dimension.

| A / N |

Word count: 1375

| A / N |