chapter 7

Emmi's POV
"Stop!" I scream while Tony tries to carry me out to his car. "Why does Garret even want me?! Hasn't he done enough damage?!" I yell hoping someone would hear me. "He wasn't able to kill Shay, and since Shay isn't coming out of the house anytime soon, he is gonna settle for the next best thing." Tony says, slamming the car door. A loud gunshot rang through the air, and Tony fell to the ground. I look over and Uncle Casey has a shotgun aimed at where Tony used to be standing. "Come on Emmi." Casey yells, pulling me out of the car. We try to run back to the house, but a lot of gunshots were heard, soon after Casey fell to the ground. "No. No. No. No!" I yell, putting pressure on his chest. "Emmi. Go. Get somewhere safe." Casey whispers. "I can't leave you out here." I yell fighting tears. "Look I'm good as dead, but you can still save yourself, warn your family, save them too." He says with a shaky voice. "I can't. I can't." I jeep repeating. "You can. Emmi please. I need you to be safe. Your family can't lose you." Casey says quickly. "And we can't lose you!" I yell. "Please, go." Hesitantly I get up and run to the house, that decision I am going to regret for the rest of my life. I look back to Casey lying on the ground, lifeless. I can't believe I just left him there. I was snapped out of my thoughts when a window behind me explodes.