Chapter 12

(2 days later at Fred's funeral)

Ron's POV: Hermione and I arrived at the funeral. It was going to be hard. Seeing my brother buried so young. I held Rose to my shoulder where she was sleeping. Hermione walked beside me. When we got to the graveside, she looped her arm around mine.

I looked over to see Ginny weeping unto Harry's shoulder. Harry was consoling her and crying a few tears too.

Mum and Dad were standing there with sad faces. Mom wasn't crying anymore. I believe she had run out of tears to cry over the past few days.

Bill and Fleur stood hand in hand crying.

Charlie and Percy stood to the right of the grave shedding tears.

Several students were there like Nevile, Luna, Dean, Seamus, and many others. Professor Mcgongall was even there. Fred touched the lives of many. George approached the podium to read the eulogy. Beside Fred's coffin was a picture of him smiling ear to ear. He was wearing his favourite jacket.

I began to cry.

"I'm here Ron. You're ok.", she said, giving me a kiss and wrapping her arms around me.

George spoke,

"All of you knew the kind of person Freddie was. He touched the lives of anyone he met. He was kind and funny. Above all he was funny. He was my partner in crime. We played so many good pranks on all of you. He was my other half. I will miss him every day of my life, but I know he is always with us. Every time we laugh Fred is there laughing along with us. He is always with us right here...", George said pointing to his heart. George stepped off the podium and began to cry. Charlie and Percy ran up to him and hugged him. They all started crying.

Everyone started to break down. We all put a bit of dirt on Fred's grave and then the grave digger started to enclose him into the earth.

We all began to walk away from the gravesite.

"I'm so sorry Ron.", Harry said, giving me a big hug. Harry looked over to see Ginny crying.

"I've got to go. Talk to you guys later.", he ran over to Ginny.

"I love you, Ron. So much.", Hermione said.

We walked off as the sun set. I was walking towards my future. Hermione's hand in mine. And Rose on my shoulder. I could conquer anything with them by my side.