Chapter 7: broken tv

September 22th

"Wilbur?" Tommy asked hesitantly. His fingers nervously tapping on each other.

Wilbur turned his head to look at the blonde. He was currently sitting on the sofa watching some random tv channel. And Tommy had been nervous to ask him, since he didn't want to disturb him.

"Whatsup?" The brunette asked. His voice so calm and easy that it slowly eased the kid's nerves.

"Uhm.. i was just wondering— i —never mind.. It's nothing." He said. Nervousness getting the best of him as he shifting his weight from leg to leg.

Wilbur frowned, but didn't push.
He knew that Tommy must be so confused after the whole principals office thing that happened some days ago. The blonde had been nervously glancing his way the whole week, feeling like he walked around eggshells.

But the he still stood there. Trying to gain the confidence.

"You can come watch tv with me if you want to." Wilbur said. And Tommy's head perked up at the choice.

The brunette grinned warmly as he patted on the place right new to himself. And the blonde slowly sat down. Conscious of what might happen next.

There was a silence.

"What do you wanna watch?" Wilbur asked, picking up the remote and scrolling through some channels and movie alternatives.

"It.. i—" Tommy struggled to come up with an idea, and Wilbur saw how the blond only got more and more nervous.

"How about Hamilton?" The brunette said after a while.

"Oh! Yeah.. sure. I haven't watched it before." He said, mumbling the last part.
And Wilbur's face lit up with happiness.

One click with the remote and it was all set to watch. An comforting silence was between the two, some slight singing from Wilbur's side and Tommy tapped his foot to the rhythm.

The blonde decided that Hamilton was now his favorite. Because it made Wilbur happy. And it was comforting to watch it with him. Not to mention that it was good to! Of course, it's just.. they had a good time.

-

"Wilbur?" Tommy asked at the end. And Wilbur turned his head.
His eyes was soft, and it held such a comforting aura and protection that it felt like no one in the whole world would ever hurt him again.

"Yeah?" He asked, voice calm. And Tommy looked down nervously. He felt safe. But he also felt scared.
His mind haunted him with memories. A past unforgettable.

"Why did you not get mad?" He asked after what felt like way to long. The itching walls of wanting to tell fell down like rain. Poisonous rain. The fear that slowly clawed it's way up his skin burned.

"What do you mean?" Wilbur asked. And Tommy bit his lip. He wished he didn't ask.

"Why didn't you get mad after— after the whole school thing." He said. Nothing more, nothing less. An apology on the tip of his tongue, forcefully being held back by guarded lips.

"Why would i get mad?" Wilbur asked, and there was a pause. An awful pause. And the blonde didn't know what to say— should he say something?— he didn't know what Wilbur wanted to hear.