2.

I remember the calls we used to share every night. I miss her so much.
~~~~~

I froze in my spot. I knew exactly who it was, and I had no reason to lie. I was going to the Lake. Easy, right?

"Oh, Brahms. You're supposed to be sleeping," I said, still not facing him, "I was just going out to the Lake."

I don't know if I was going crazy, but I swore I heard him groan out of frustration.

"Pretty Laila, you know the rules." He was still using his child voice, It made me feel less anxious, It felt weird knowing he was actually 28 years old, but I suppose he just grew used to using it. He's been hiding behind these walls for 20 years.

"I know, Brahms. It's not far it's just around the house. You can watch me from the window, or you can come with me." I was still stupidly staring at the door, if someone comes in, spare me.

"No!" He suddenly shouted, making me jump. "I'm never to leave, and you're never to leave me alone."

I sighed, slowly turning around. My heart skipped a beat when I realised how close he actually was. If I tried to run, I would be going nowhere.

"Oh, Brahms...Can you back up a little please?" I laughed awkwardly.

"Why, pretty Laila? Are you afraid of me?" Brahms asked, his head tilting. I noticed he does that when trying to understand me.

"What? No, I'm not afraid of you!" I said super fast, closing my eyes shut.

I felt him move closer to me, his cold porcelain mask touching my forehead. I mentally screamed, I should move away, why am I not moving?

"Then why are you closing your eyes, pretty Laila?" The child voice rang throughout my ears, remembering that one phone call, and then he made my favorite sandwich.

His presence was getting too much for me, "Brahms!" I blurted out loudly, making myself jump.

Brahms reacted the way I didn't expect, his whole body flinched and moved away from me a little bit.

Did that just work?

"Don't be afraid to use your voice if you have to."

I remembered what Mrs Heelshire told me, I'm assuming she meant if he did something bad to not be afraid of yelling.

"Please, Brahms. Just go back to bed. For me?" I smiled, softly.

"Pretty Laila." Brahms whined.

"No, Brahms. You know the rules."

Brahms sighed in defeat, "Pretty Laila, Don't leave me."

My eyes widened in shock, he doesn't want me to leave him? He seemed to notice the shock it gave me, "No one has took care of me like you have. Promise me you won't leave me like the others. Like my parents."

"Oh, Brahms. I didn't think you knew about that...I'm so sorry." I looked down, feeling guilty. He never actually had a proper childhood, what he did was extremely bad, but what happened to him was horrible.

I can't stay here though. I have my little sister to take care of. I thought, sighing sadly to myself.

For the second time, I managed to get him back to bed. But, this time he wasn't letting me go.

"Brahms, I'm not going anywhere, okay? I'll leave the Lake for another day or something." I tried to make a deal with him but it wasn't working. Brahms shook his head at me for the 100th time.

I sighed, walking to the other side of the bed, lying down in it with Brahms.

"Is this better?" I asked, trying not to sound annoyed.

Brahms nodded, before finally trying to relax and sleep. I managed to relax aswell, it has been a few minutes but Brahms seems to be out like a light. I sighed in relaxation, my eyes slowly drifting off.

"Pretty Laila!!" Brahms yelled scaring me.

"What now, Brahms??" I yelled, frustrated.

"You forgot my goodnight kiss."

Seriously? You couldn't sleep because of that?

I sighed, here goes nothing. I slowly moved closer to him, making sure he's not trying to do anything.

My lips met his cold porcelain cheek, I left them there for a few seconds before pulling away.

"Better?" I asked, calmer this time.

I saw Brahms nod, before going back to sleep.

Finally, I can try go back to sleep, and tomorrow, hopefully things will be much easier.

"Pretty Laila?"

"Brahms, just go to sleep!"

This is going to be a long and difficult night.

~~~~~~~

Heyy, I decided that I wanted to focus a little bit more on the childish side of Brahms. I know it's probably extremely unrealistic but I don't think I want the violent side of him. Sometimes, I feel like he only is violent if he thinks you're a threat to him.

But don't worry, in future chapters, I will bring out the less childish version of him (still no violence, maybe I will in  future books as this is my first).

Let me know what you think of this book so far! <3