born to die

It began as it usually did.

In a far away land, long ago, lived a king and his fair queen.

Many years had they longed for a child. King Lonnie, not out of his own devotion for another of his own flesh and blood, but an heir. One that would perhaps bring a light of unity in his Kingdom that had long been dimmed, after he waged a war with many passing lives he could not pay.

His greed for power had inked over their kingdom as a shadow, disdain thickening in clouds over the people's former patriotism. The tension had reached it's peak when he brought a fight upon the the Lord of Dark Magic, Henry Creel.

They say he burned him alive, body snaked in chains of metal, searing against the deadly hands that weld whispers of chaos and curses. How ironic it had been, to have a raven kill a crow. For no one could really tell the difference after their gloated King had returned.

Despite winning, it had been their loss as well as gloom spread over the land under recovery of a war that they'd rather forget.

And yet, it was their tender Queen who did not seek assertion but pure love for her own. For her husband's impending darkness had pushed her towards a void she wanted to escape from, and instead, save for another.

And so it was.

In a far away land, long ago, lived a king and his fair queen.

Many years had they longed for a child.

And finally...finally their wish was granted.

A son was born, and they called him Auroran.

"

Sweet Auroran..."

The choirs of her land cooed in sweet melody, and Queen Joyce smiled as they sang her child's name to the rising sun.

Yes, they named him after the dawn for he filled their lives with the first light. Such a joy did his birth bring, that their kingdom thrived under celebration of their newly ordered holiday.

No matter of status or role.

A kaleidoscope of colors weaving through the air tangled with the confections of commemoration to their heir. Streamers danced across the sky and flowers rained over the forthcoming parade of guests, royal and common, sharing the same ground to catch sight of the infant boy.

"Was this really necessary, Murray?" The King muttered irritatedly, addressing the royal advisor.

Joyce placed a hand against her child's face, pulling the blanket a bit closer to the baby's exposed neck against the chill of the morning air.

The rising sun bled against the night's goodbye, the rays almost illuminating the cradle from the glass-stained windows.

"Prince Auroran is to be established as the heir of this kingdom, no? What better way to unite your people than through this?"

"Yes, yes, but it's a tad dramatic, isn't it? Where was this joy when I killed that damn bastard?" He spat, glowering under the gold of his throne.