Chapter 07

"W-what do you mean?" Riya prayed that Sid was bluffing.

"Drop the act. I know you're still trying to separate Prachi and Ranbir. I also know and have evidence for all the crimes you committed two years back, and I'm aware of your recent habit too. You have 3 days to sign these divorce papers and get lost, or else I will file a complaint against you in the police station, and you will rot for the rest of your life in jail." Sid warned, harshly throwing the divorce papers on Riya's face.

================================================================================================================================================================

"What do you think she's planning?" Prachi fiddled with her fingers, biting her lips. She might've not been so worried had that incident that occurred not taken place. It was clear that her 'beloved' sister was planning on defaming her in every way possible.

"Calm down, Prachi. She won't be able to do anything. I'll make sure of it." Ranbir gestured Prachi to sit down and made her drink some water.

"She's already done a lot though Ranbir. Who knows how low she'll stoop? She's already risked Mom's life. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually succeeded in separating us from the family again! Mom and Dad already dislike me, Dida used to dislike me and it was all cause of her false accusations! I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if you had to leave your family so soon after reuniting with them."

Ranbir looked at Prachi in disbelief. "Look, if my family doesn't trust you, it's their and Riya's fault, not yours. You need to get that in your mind or else you'll be feeling guilty for something that you shouldn't be!"

"Ranbir, it's... it's just that Papa hates me, Maa's busy dealing with her marital relationship, my so-called sister is obsessed with you and doesn't want anything to do with me! My family is extremely messed up and I don't want yours to be the same, my life before marriage was anything but normal and I had just hoped that it would be normal afterwards. But it's not! Yes, having in-laws who don't approve of you is normal; especially due to the circumstances our marriage occurred in... But having a crazy criminal sister who is married to someone else but is still obsessed with your husband, isn't! Am I really asking for too much if I just want a normal life?" Prachi confessed, tears brimming her eyes.

Ranbir clasped both of Prachi's hands and made eye contact with her. "Prachi, sometimes it's best if you don't have a normal life. Think about it this way, if we had easily gotten married, without any complications, do think we would value each other as much as we do now? Maybe we would've but I do know that our relationship only grew stronger by being distant from each other. We probably wouldn't have even met if our lives were normal. Now, stop crying and come with me."

Prachi raised an eyebrow and was about to ask something when they heard loud sobs, from an unwelcome guest. However, due to their act, they had to pretend they didn't know the true intentions behind their so-called guest's tears.

"Riya, what's wrong? Are you ok?" Ranbir tried his hardest to feign concern for his slutty sister-in-law. Though he failed miserably as he could see Prachi glaring at him.

"No... my life is a mess! Prachi.. please, please help me! Sid wants di.. divorce from me," Riya sniffed, confusing both Pranbir.

They shared a glance understanding that Sid had executed their plan earlier than they had planned to. However, both decided to follow through with it anyway, even if many parts of it would probably end up changing.

"What?! Why would Sid want such a thing?! He was so in love with you when he first saw you!" Prachi began to act surprised, smirking in her mind when Riya easily believed her act.

"Sid.. Sid found out what I did two years ago! I tried to convince him that I've changed but he doesn't believe me. He still thinks that I.. I hate you and am still after Ranbir! I... I can't believe he could accuse me of even thinking about anyone other than him, especially my twin sister's husband! It would go against all values that dad had instilled in me." Riya shed more crocodile tears and danced in her head when she saw the sympathetic looks Prachi and Ranbir were giving her.

"Riya don't worry. Ranbir and I will go and talk to Sid, make him understand. You've changed and there's no point in getting a divorce over what happened way back in the past." Prachi embraced Riya and a hug and rubbed her back, smiling at Ranbir when Riya couldn't see them.

================================================================================================================================================================

"Don't worry Jaan. I've gotten a permanent solution for that Riya. After this, we'll enjoy life without her, and Chaca ji and Chachi ji forget that there was ever a girl named Riya in our lives, we'll live together peacefully." Sid whispered and smirked in his head.

"Arre Jaan, stop worrying so much, it's not good for your health. You know that the doctor told you not to take any stress. And as for Prachi, she'll understand. She knows what Riya did with her two years ago, I doubt she'll trust Riya's blatant lies over the truth. Aur Ranbir, he despises Riya, his hatred for her increased after what he did on Janmashtami."

Riya who had just entered the room a few minutes ago was astonished to hear what Sid said, but her mind clicked and she hurriedly started filming Sid. 'Sid you know, you would've been doing me a favour by giving me a divorce, I don't want live with you anyway. But I need to, Ranbir is mine only. I will not let him leave me again. And you talk to your so-called 'Jaan' just helped me.'

"Jaan, look, Chacha ji and Chacha ji love Riya and blindly trust her, sometimes you would think that their Riya's parents not Ranbir's, but I know one thing, they will not try to stop our divorce, I'll only inform them after the court has approved it," Sid continued to whisper and Riya smirked.

'Ab to hamara divorce ho ke rahega, Siddharth Kohli. I promise you that."

================================================================================================================================================================

"Ranbir, do you think we'll succeed in the plan?" Prachi muttered, very cautiously.

"Chikchiki, why are you whispering? The doors and windows are locked and soundproof, there's no way that psychopath will here us!" Ranbir pointed out.

"Ranbir! Don't call her that," Prachi rebuked making Ranbir sigh.

"Look, I know she's your sister and all but she is still a psychopath. It would've made more sense if she was Satan's mother or something."

"Ranbir, you didn't let me finish.... don't her call her a psychopath, you're insulting the psychopaths like that," Prachi revealed.

Ranbir looked at Prachi with widened eyes, "You're ready to admit she's not worthy of being such a heavenly soul's sister?"

"Did you just insult her or praise me?"

"Both."

Prachi decided not to comment on his remark, "Ranbir you still haven't answered me. Do you think Sid's plan will work?"

"I don't know Prachi. Knowing that devil, she'll obviously do something to prevent their divorce but I just hope it doesn't involve framing Sid." Ranbir sighed and both stared each other in the silence, the tense atmosphere of the room not making things any better.

================================================================================================================================================================

(1200+ words)

How was the update?

Who is this Jaan?

What is Sid's plan? Will he succeed or will Riya's plan ruin his?

Will Sid and Riya get divorced?

Until Next Time!

~ Riya Sharma