funeral

"papa, i want ice cream." the little girl said excitedly to her father. her father smiled at her and lifted her in his arms. his pearly whites shined and to his daughter, they were like snow. 

"now, sweet pea?" her father asked.

"yes, yes please."

he couldn't resist her. she was just too cute and with her using that baby voice, it was his weakness. she knew that and she took advantage of it.

"i am coming. might as well get myself some." his wife said, entering the living room where they were seated.

"meridith, are you sure? you can stay home."

"nikalous, honey, i am hungry and this kid," she points to her stomach, "and that kid," she points to imani, "wants ice cream and so do i, so yes, i am sure."

nikalous smiled and went to get his keys with imani still in his arms, legs wrapped around his hip.

"let's go then."

meridith smiled and so did imani. they were getting ice cream and even though it is 11 in the night, they were about to get ice cream.

[____]

"a fatal car crash happened on wickery bridge late last night. two died but one survived. may god be on that little girl's side as she is now in the hospital having a hard time fighting for life." a video of the car turned upside down over the bridge was shown and it was smoking. 

water wasn't under the bridge because it wasn't too long built and with the storm that just rushed in, there surely will be.

[____]

i dropped the black rose in the water over the bridge and closed my eyes. a shallow breath was released from my lips and i took a deep breath.

"here lies the body of imani louis, the girl who lost her parents, the girl who lost her best friend, her siblings, she has no one left."

"here lies that good girl who once sits on everybody's every command."

"here lies the daughter of meridith and nikalous."

i throw the last rose over in the water and wiped my tears. the moon shone down on the water, looking like spilled milk. i was keeping my own funeral. i'm not that girl anymore when my parents ran off of this bridge, i'm not that little girl who lost her best friend in a fire, im not that girl who lost her siblings in a plane crash nor am i that little girl who used to be everyone's lap bitch.

this funeral was really well needed and i had to let go off of that person that i was.

its not really a funeral but it's my birthday. the day when i turn 18 and i wanted to let go off of some things.

i turned my back and started to walk down the bridge to where my car was parked. i got in and throw my head back against the seat.

it's time for a new life and a new beginning. 

-

Republishing this book cause I'm clearing out my drafts!! I have story requests and I wanted to get those on with and I don't need a lot of drafts js sitting here so we're clearing this out.

I will be posting all the chapters at once.

The update schedule will be Sundays and Wednesdays, 2 chapters on those days. So my next update will be on Wednesday.

And yes, this is a 2022 book that is being republished in 2024. I did wrote some shit ngl but I js lost motivation lmao 😭

Tbe chapters will be short, for some chapters (the first 20) and then they will slowly increase as the time goes by. This is a vampire x human story.

Lesbian love story❤️

Mwahhh <33