True Love - Rap Monster

음악 주세여 - I Need U (BTS)
Rated R for hint of suicide.
-;
Shit.
Namjoon runs his fingers through his blonde locks as he saw Khihyun with Jin, his best friend who also happens to be the most popular boy of the school. Namjoon was just Namjoon, a quiet boy who loves reading books and staying in the library rather than earning a ton of friends and being sort of cool himself. He mumbles under his breath and walked away, going back to the library.

"Watch where you're going, you nerd." Chanyeol, one of the bullies, snarled and spat at Namjoon. But the elder only rolls his eyes and stood up. "So you're defying me now, rolling your eyes like that." The bully grips the boy's collar tightly. "Let him go, Chanyeol." A girl's voice intervened. "Fine. Next time, don't use your status as Jin-hyung's plaything to stop the flow of the school." Chanyeol scoffed and walked away with his gang. "Are you-" Her question was cut short by Namjoon's steely gaze. "I don't need your help Khihyun." He says and turns his back on her, leaving the girl confused at the sudden change in attitude.

Ever since that incident, Namjoon became cold. Not only to Khihyun, but also to Jin and his little circle of friends. He kept himself inside the library, his home and his bedroom.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Namjoon?" Jin asks one day, pulling Namjoon as they hid on one of the abandoned stairs. "Nothing." Namjoon replied curtly and wrung his wrist off of Jin's grasp. "I know there's something wrong." The elder looks at him, not letting go. "I said there's none!" Jin's eyes widened and he let go. Never did once Namjoon raise his voice. "I don't know you anymore Namjoon." Jin whispered. "You don't. Not at all." Namjoon replied quietly, his polished black leather shoes clacking through the cement.

"Namjoon, can we meet up? I wanna ask you something. If you want, we can meet up under the cherry blossom tree in the School Garden." Khihyun's soft voice seeped into the speakers of his smartphone and made Namjoon sigh. After all, he couldn't refuse the girl he had been best friends with since day one.

"Namjoon! You actually came!" Khihyun smiled as his face came into view. He had a rougher aura about him, his large but pretty hands tucked inside the pockets of his jeans and a lollipop hanging on his mouth. "What did you wanna talk to me about." Namjoon's voice was different too. "Ah, I just wanted to hang out-" "Would you give me a break?" Namjoon threw his lollipop on the floor, shocking Khihyun. "W-wae?" She stuttered. "Why don't you go out with that boyfriend of yours?" He rolled his eyes. "Can't you see Khihyun?" Namjoon snarled. Khihyun dropped to the floor, scared of the best friend she used to love. He saw her scared expression and sighed. He knelt in front of her. "You know, I loved you ever since we met. I know you don't feel the same way, and I'm not even angry. I'm just angry at the fact that I am loving alone, hurting alone, crying alone and I don't know what to do. Please. Please. Just let go, tell me it's over, give me my last gift." Namjoon whispered, clutching her small hands in his large ones. She never realized Namjoon hurt this much. Selfish, selfish Khihyun, she chides herself. "I... let you go, Namjoon. Thanks for being my friend." Khihyun cracked a fake smile, hurt clouding her senses. A pang of pain shot itself straight through Namjoon's heart. "Thank you."

No matter what he does, his heart still kept on hurting. He kept crying on to his pillow every night, cursing his luck for falling so deeply for a girl who won't love him back. He wanted it to end. And an end he brought to himself.

"Namjoon was a great friend, exemplary student and someone very close to me. I will miss him so much." Khihyun let out a small sob, her eulogy touching everyone's heart. I hope Namjoon heard it. She thought to herself quietly. She steps down and sits down in the second row as the coffin was slowly lowered. Then she remembers a question Namjoon once asked her.
"Are we only deemed as beautiful as flowers when we're buried six feet under the same soil they're planted in?" At the time, Khihyun couldn't fathom how to answer the simple yet deep question. Now, with a bitter smile, she finally answers the question.

'No. You are a testament of beauty, maybe even more than the most beautiful flower.'