2 | Marionette

-|Marionette|-

"A terrible catastrophe wrecks the lands of Odra

"A terrible catastrophe wrecks the lands of Odra. I the Supreme monarch of the imperial dynasty of Odra beg the support and alimony of the ruler-"

Dasgreeva gazed incredulously at his brother's instance of waving off the messenger without being sympathetic or least , attentive of their cause.

"Bhrata." He stepped ahead earning the not quite amiable glances of the ministers. Sighing he rested his eyes on the dark sharp eyes of his elder brother who had looked up from his parchments to attend to his call.

Assuming the fathomable unease Shishupal stood up from his seat to dismiss the minor gathering assembled in the head chambers of his living quarters on the eastern side of the imperial palace.

Parihaar

Dasgreeva silently watched as the caucus dispersed after bowing in respect to the king.

"Have a seat , Dasgreeva." The prince deferentially accepted his seat beside the ruling monarch , now in the vacancy of the masses , his brother.

"We should help them-" he was cut short by the sharp gaze that followed his declarant words. Dasgreeva was quick to look down , awaiting a possible stern reply.

"Magadh ravages their land." The reply came rather soft but had a harsh enough impact on the prince.

"Odra isn't a kingdom as rich as compared to its neighbouring kingdoms. And with the terrible flood that affected them a few months prior how are they supposed to pay the exorbitant taxes to the samrat ?"

"That's none of our concern. We can never , not even in our dreams can we imagine going against the samrat."

Dasgreeva leered , his brother's words made absolutely no sense to him. Yes , Magadha was indeed a bracing ally but the friendly terms with Odra couldn't just be overlooked , specially when the kingdom was in desperate need of aid.

More than the cataclysm of Odra what shook him was the tragedy of Magadha's 
indutible control over Chedi.

Concealed by the thicket of polity were invisible strings that had dangerously swaddle the mind of his brother. Just like invisible strings controlling a Marionette.

×

Shafts of sunlight inundated into the colossal boudoir through the enormous spaces. The queen's chamber was an extreme expanse of intricacy , enunciating an anecdote of its own essence. Hefty , opulent curtains bound to the bulbous balustrade , bolstering the ceilings carved with a trailblazing elegance. The conspicuous involutions of the sculpted cavernous chamber , a delicate swathe of the refined glow.