Chapter 2

Almira checked the time with her cracked screen,it read 01:30am "liar" she shouted as she cursed Eunice in her mind,she wanted to call her but thought against it as she didn't know what Eunice would be up to at that time,she closed her eyes praying for sleep to take her but she still couldn't sleep,'maybe it's because I over napped,but how is it my fault,I didn't want to miss out on fresh news when Eunice gets back,damn, I've been tricked again'.
      Almira managed to sleep at 5 when suddenly 'or so she thought' she heard the constant ringing of the door bell "ahhhhhh" " who the f**k is there so early" she took the pillow and closed her ear but her phone was ringing also "damn damn damnit darn,ohhhh" she was so frustrated,she wanted to throw the phone away when she saw the time 13:06 "no way" she quickly stood up and went to open the curtain,the afternoon sun was up,she already wasted half of her day.
Her phone rang again and she answered the call     "hello,Almira on the line"

" Almira!!!!" her name vibrated from the other end,she quickly removed the phone from her ear
"Eunice you could as well us a sound system"she  knew it could only be Eunice without checking the caller ID.
"Miss I'm outside, didn't you hear the door bell?"

"Oh I did hold on". With that she ended the call and went out of the room to open the door.
The first thing that caught Eunice's eye's was Almira's groggy look
" Oh my world, Almira don't tell me you are still asleep by this time"

" No I'm not,now close the door, and your mouth too cause you're so noisy"

"Hmm,I know you're mad at me, but you should know that I wasn't expecting that I'll be sleeping out,annnnd..."   Almira looked up at her and noticed that she was hiding something at her back

"Annd,you got something to bribe me, really!,I slept alone Eunice alone!!",she was almost shouting

"I know Almira and I'm sorry,ok look"she brought out what she was hiding "this is not just anything,this is something that I know you need".  Almira was obviously intrigued after she heard what Eunice said but she acted like she didn't care
"Unwrap it yourself" she said as she rolled her eyes, Eunice opened her mouth in shock "what?,you don't want to open the present?" Almira tried to hasten Eunice as she was also eager to know what the latter bought for her.

"Fine I'll open it, you're one hell of a proud young lady"

"Thanks,now open up"

   Eunice first remove the package from the bag trying to create a suspense,she slowly removes the gift wrapper as she watched the way Almira's eye's was glistening,she felt that she needed to save her head so she brought out the phone from the box
"You got me a new phone?" Almira was so happy that she felt like jumping .

"Duh, girl I felt you needed one so I got you this it's small Sha but you have to manage it at least till I save some more money"

Almira looked at Eunice puzzled
"You call an oppo A95e worth $2000 small?ha are you serious"

"It's small compared to the reigning phones now of $10,000"

"Why would I be using a phone worth your salary,don't allow Kelvin's lifestyle to influence you sis,I don't need much, I'm just so happy,what would I have done without you Eunice"

"Nothing dear, nothing at all,ok enough of this, I'm hungry what did you cook"

"Hmm,I made soup yesterday,you just have to make porridge to go with it"

"Ahh, would I be the one to make the porridge?"

"Not at all ma, I'm coming, I'll be the one,wait for me"

Eunice pouted like a child as she followed Almira into the room,"but I'm tired,I still have to go to work later today for a meeting,I don't want to make porridge"

"Ook dear,that simply means that you are not hungry,as you can see, I'm busy with my new phone,and after that I want to go back to bed,to think that I actually skipped my jogging because of you"

Eunice stuck out her tongue "I already settled you so forget about it, I'll make the porridge, do you want some?"

"Nope, I'll take a stroll later after you leave, I'll get something to eat outside,I really am not ready to die"
"You!!!!"

Eunice can't cook,it was actually part of her punishment to make a porrige for her self alone.