// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part seven

»»——⍟——««

       "Videl? What are you doing here?" Gohan asked in surprise, looking down at the shorter girl who stood in the doorway of his home. Videl grinned, chuckling.

"I wanted to come see you before I left!" She said. Gohan nodded, letting the girl in. Videl looked around the small home, quick to spot Chi-Chi, who was already giving her a glare.

"Gohan, why is she here? Did you invite her over too? Why do you keep bringing girls home!?" She exclaimed. Gohan waved his hands in defense, shaking his head.

"No, no! Videl just dropped by before she leaves for a while!" Gohan said. Chi-Chi gasped, her eyes wide.

"You're going to be in a long distance relationship, with her!?" Chi-Chi nearly fainted at that. Falling forward, Gohan quickly caught her. Chi-Chi looked up to him with teary eyes, lower lip pointed out as she pouted. "Gohan, you can't, she's going to break your heart..."

"Please, Gohan and I aren't in a relationship. If we were, I'd make sure to take him with me so he could be away from you!" Videl said, looking at her fingernails as she smirked. Chi-Chi fumed, smoke basically pouring out of her ears.

"See here, girl!" Chi-Chi stomped up to her. "I won't let you take away my baby boy, who I've spent years trying to keep pure even around my barbarian of a husband! I won't allow you to ruin my hard work!"

"Mom, please, Videl just wanted to drop by. She's going to be gone for a while." Gohan tried to calm Chi-Chi, suddenly wishing Y/n were here, seeing as how she had calmed the beast that Chi-Chi is within seconds.

"Good! Where is she even going anyway, to see her other boyfriend? How many do you have!?" Chi-Chi yelled. Videl put her hands on her hips, raising a brow.

"Zero, but I promise I'll get Gohan since you hate it so much. And if you must know, I'm going on a business trip with my dad, Mr. Satan." Videl said. Chi-Chi's eyes widened, not having realized who Videl was. She felt herself stumbling on her words as she tried to process the new information, gasping.

"Y-You mean... You're rich!?" Chi-Chi exclaimed in shock, making both Gohan and Videl groan. That was all she took from that information. Videl rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

"And what's it to you?" She huffed. Chi-Chi grinned deviously. In her mind, marrying her son off to a rich woman was a much better idea than having him marry another scholar.

"Nothing. I think I've changed my opinion of you, Videl, you're welcome in my home anyday." Chi-Chi said, giving the girl a sickeningly sweet smile. Videl sighed, her impression of Chi-Chi getting ever so worse. Of course she was a gold digger, what else could Videl expect from a woman like her?

"Anyway," Videl shot Chi-Chi a glare before turning to Gohan. "I thought Y/n was staying with you. Where is she?"

"Oh, she's with my dad. He took her off into the mountains, to train her." Gohan said, suppressing any sort of jealousy he felt for his father. Videl was quick to notice the faint falter in his smile, making her raise a brow. She linked her arm with Gohan's, leading him outside to sit under a tree. Gohan followed without a word, lost in his thoughts.

"So, why didn't you train her? Aren't you, like, way stronger than your dad? You beat Cell, right?" Videl asked, confused. Gohan blinked, surprised, before chuckling nervously.

"Oh, he's way stronger than me. He continued training after I quit, even in the afterlife! And besides, he offered it to Y/n. She has a lot of potential that dad liked. I saw it too, but I didn't think to train her until it was too late." Gohan said. Videl noticed Gohan's mood quickly plummeting, wondering why it upset him so much. It took her a few seconds, with some thoughts that put a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach, but she realized what had him so upset.