Prologue

Darkness. That's the first thing I realize when I open my eyes. On instinct I reach to grab my phone out of my pocket, only to discover that it isn't there. I squint my eyes and through the darkness I spot a door on the far side of the room. I try to get up, but as soon as I do I feel pain shoot through my body. I wince at the pain and let out a cry of discomfort. Bloody hell, that hurts. It's then that I realize that the pain won't go away. I lie back down on the cold floor and it starts to go away gradually. I manage to drag myself in a slightly less painful manner over to the door, only to be faced with the reality that it is locked. Where the hell am I? How did I even get here?

I rack my brain for any clues on as to how I ended up here but, come up short. Why can't I remember anything? This is so frustrating! I feel my way around the room and find what I assume to be a flashlight.

As I flick it on I am faced with the terrors of what this room truly beholds. I find a bed in the corner which has handcuffs chained to it, but that is not what makes me tremble in fear. I do a quick glance around and confirm what I am seeing. Blood. There is blood everywhere. I don't even feel myself falling, but when I do I'm submerged into darkness. The last thing I see is him running towards me with concern etched on his face. As if that is even remotely possible.