Chapter Two

Y/N POV:

It has been a few years since we started our cadet training to become apart of the military. During this time I have befriended many people and participated in many hard physical exercises.

I have still not been able to figure out who I really am. Whenever I try to think about my past my head begins to hurt until I have to stop. In some cases, I have fallen unconscious because of it which reminds me of the worst instance of it.

FLASHBACK:

Today was our first go at the balance test we need to pass in order to use our 3D maneuver gear. As I line up behind Eren I hear the instructor talk about the basics of how to operate the machine.

Eren goes before me and let's just say he didn't go so well...

After that attempt by Eren, I nervously insert myself into the machine and try my luck with it. As I try and balance it I see Mikasa who gives me a quick thumbs up. I then glance over and see Krista wave at me but before I get to return the wave Ymir stares directly into my soul.

My balance is broken and I  find myself in the same situation as Eren with my head on the floor with a smiling Ymir. Unlike Eren, my head isn't hit as bad but I swear I can see steam rising from my head. Must be my imagination.

As I'm helped up from the machine I feel like someone is watching me and my suspicions are confirmed by a group of three. Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie are glaring at me but they stop when they see me staring back. I wonder what got them so interested.

PRESENT TIME:

As I reminisce on the past I am ripped out of my thoughts by our resident Commandant or torturer in chief according to some others. Out of the many hundred cadets that signed up only a few dozen of us remain.

Today is our graduation day where we officially are able to join the corps we want. Eren, Mikasa, Armin and I already decided on our location. We would join the Scout Regiment with Eren and hopefully, I would find out more about my past.

I glance over at Krista again but can hardly look at her for a very before Ymir catches me and looks at me with a look that could kill a thousand men. I don't know why I keep on looking at Krista it feels like my body knows her and is trying to tell me something.