Mending Hearts Back-III

"Brinda, I need to talk to him. Please let me go" Priya pleaded with Brinda who brought her a plate of fruits seeing her terrible condition.

"I understand Priya, but give him some time and he will come around. And look at you, how terrible you are looking. Please have this fruit. It will make you feel better" Brinda argued

"No Brinda. I can feel him going away from me. I can't let that happen. I have to go to him. Now" Saying so, Priya got up swiftly and ran out of the house like a maniac.

She quickly got into a car and was about to leave the house when she saw a lone figure sitting in the garden aimlessly.

Even from behind, she could make out that the person was Ram.

She took tentative steps towards him and saw him looking at the the clear sky aimlessly. He also was oblivious of her presence there.

"Mr. Kapoor" She whispered his name slowly and Ram turned his head to look at her slowly.

"Can I sit here with you?"

Ram turned his face away but nodded his head. She sat and cautiously held his hand which was on his thigh. She expected him to jerk her hand but he was indifferent.

"Would you be willing to listen to me, at least once, please?" She pleaded, and hoped for him to reply in positive.

He didn't answer and taking his silence as his answer, she cleared her throat before speaking up.

"Mr. Kapoor, I have wronged you, a lot. I know but I had my reasons"

"All those reasons eventually led to my heart breaks, Ms. Priya Sood" Ram interrupted suddenly making Priya look at him surprised.

"Kya galat kaha meine Priya?" He continued. "Ever since we have gotten married, there have so many decisions that you individually took not bothering about the fact that your decision would be impacting me the most. I know that it was your nature to do anything and everything for your family but I failed to make a place in that"

The raw sadness and disappointment in his voice was enough to break Priya's feeble yet determined resolve.

"It isn't like that Mr. Kapoor. I took many hard decisions to protect you"

"Aur phir hua kya? You couldn't save me. I tried almost each time to include you in my decisions. You never did that. What's worse is that everyone except me knew"

"I can't justify myself Mr. Kapoor, but I don't think I was alone at fault"

Ram took a deep breath and looked at her.

"You too were blind to your mother's faults. You could never see behind her words. Tell me, am I right?"

Ram averted her gaze.

"Aap nazre ghuma rahe hai, because you know that is the truth"

"Priya.... "

"If I ask you a question, will you answer... honestly?"

"Pucho"

"If 5 years ago, I would have told you that it was your mother who had blackmailed me, would you have believed me?"l

Ram went into complete silence. He tried to take his hand back which Priya had held. But she still held on to it. After merely some seconds, Ram gave up.

"I may have not believed you Priya. I was broken. Utterly. She used my weakness and I gave in. That was my fault. I agree to it. But she wouldn't have blackmailed you in the first place if you wouldn't have taken Ishaan's blame"