Chapter 1

() is Y/n
[] is your friends name

"() calm down!" I said as I held onto my friend's shoulder. "How can I?! They cheated!" () yelled clearly upset that a person cheated while racing against her friend. "It's fine as long as no one's hurt; I won either way." I shrugged not minding what happened "You're too nice for your own good! Just making me the mean one, I see!" () crossed her arms and puffed her cheeks.

"What? No! You should have seen me a long time ago, you can't even call yourself mean!" I started walking backwards waiting for () to follow."No way! Were you that bad?" my friend quickly jogged up to me."Yeah! Anyhow let's go eat!!-" "FOOD!" "You sure do love food don't you?" I giggled as she walked with me. "It's like you love Monkarting" () started skipping clearly excited for her food. "Ok, but that's different." I stopped walking looking at her with my arms crossed.

"Is not!" "Is too." "Not!" "Too!" "No- woah..." In confusion I looked at () face and she was basically drooling.
"Huh? You alright?" I tilted my head looking at her with worry. My friend leaned closer and whispered "Look! He is so hot!" I turned her head and saw a bunch of people in crowds."Who? I see like 50 people." "What do you mean that there's only one hot person I see! I see one cute one though." () winked at her friend. I made a 'What?' look. "That's like the same thing."

"Is not!" "Is too." "Is- Hey I think a different pretty cute one is looking at you." your friend smirks with a proud face. "Non-sense, they're probably just looking at the wall or the Monkart behind us. They look like Monkarters." I looked at the red head who was talking to a chubby purple dude and a blonde girl. "No I'm sure!!" My friend claimed, basically shouting in your ear. "Ugh, shut up. I'll buy you food." I say knowing that makes her stop talking about boys. "Yay!" she danced her happy dance. "What do you want?" I ask, getting my wallet from my back pocket. My friend put her finger on her chin as if she was in great thought.  "I'm craving a roll cake..." "You're acting like your mother when she was pregnant." I say before I left my friend behind "Whatever." was the last thing I heard.

"Um.. excuse me?" I turned around to see the redhead from earlier. I was honestly hoping he would ask about my friend. "Yes?" "W-where is the City Hall?" He stuttered embarrassed, pointing at the Monkart poster. 'Why~~!? She needs to stop being single!!' I came back to life when a voice interrupted "We've been lost for quite a bit.." He scratched the back of his neck. "Is it for the Monkart tournament?" I ask looking at his Mon-sword 'Wait don't tell he's- AHHHHHH!! OMG!! I'M DYING!! HE ACTUALLY ACCEPTED!!???' "Yeah, do you Monkart too!?" he asked, clearly hyped up by the topic. "No, but my friend does!" I say with pride, putting my hands on my waist. "The one that was just next to you?" "Yeah! She is the best Monkarter ever! Even if she doesn't agree...." I say the last part just loud enough for him not to hear. "Huh?"

"So the City Hall is like 1,000 meters from here." I quickly changed the topic "Go straight then take a left then a right. Go straight until you see the donut store then go past the merchants, make sure to ignore them no matter what. Then take a left and walk until the apartments-" I say quickly so I don't tell him incorrectly. "Wait what?" "So you go-" "Can you please just take us?"
"But I have to wait for-"

"No it's fine." a voice again interrupted me, a voice I've heard before. "[]! You're back!" I say running up to hug her. She did the hand thing to my face, so I won't come close to her. "Nah really? Here is your roll cake." she threw it in the air and I lunged myself to get my precious roll cake. "Roll cake!!"

"We'll take you, are your friends coming as well?" I walked up to the redhead I saw before I left. "Yeah! You must be the Monkarter your friend was talking about!" I am not sure if he yelled or just had a very loud voice, "I guess?" I shrugged, not really caring about what () told him.

I walked towards the blonde girl and the chubby kid went to the redhead. 'Looks about 14...' "Hello, we will take you to the City Hall." you slightly bow for my manners. "Really? Thank you! We don't know what we could've done without you guys!" she shook my hand a bit too aggressively. I took back my hand and put it behind my back. "It's nothing. You guys already registered, right?" I knew they already did since their Monsters aren't with them. "Yes, we just need to go to the City Hall to get their name tags." She pointed at the poster.

'Participants will meet up in the City Hall' She gestured to me to follow her and her friend started walking with Jin and Kuby not too afterwards. "You must not be a Master Rank, huh?" She looked straight in front of where she was walking. "How'd you know?!" I asked, shocked, looking at her. She just shrugs, "I have my ways." "[] that's creepy." her friend hits my shoulder playfully. "It does?" She asked us, as we just laughed very unnaturally. "Don't mind her, she might be blunt, but she's nice once you get to know her." her friend whispered slightly so no one could hear, but me.

**************

Yeah this was supposed to be a one shot at first but I changed my mind and just decided to make a whole book!

Credits to CzarinaKahina for helping me and encouraging me on this piece!