Change

Once I got home from the hospital,halfway recovered since I needed to be at school,I started to notice that dad wasn't ever home.
It was normal for him to be gone for a day or two but not a whole week. But,he did leave envelopes with money in them for food on the counter. We never saw him do it so I think he's been doing it while we're asleep. It didn't really matter to me. The kids and I weren't getting hit or screamed at,it was peaceful. I did introduce Vance to Gwen and Finn and they were skeptical at first,since he always gets into so many fights and threatened to fight Finney before he knew he was my brother but they were okay with us dating. Gwen's favorite thing about Vance though,is that he lets her play with his hair while we watch movies. I think it's sweet of him. Plus,he teaches Finn how to step up for himself. It's all new to him but in a little while,he'll be able to fight his own fights without me or Gwen having to step in.

One morning,I woke up to a knock on our door. I opened it and there was a business lady with a clipboard clutched in her hands. "Hi! You must be Y/n Blake?" She asked. "Yeah that's me. What do you need?" I  saw other people behind her,including another woman. Her gaze was sweet,kind,and loving. She looked about 24 or 25. She wore a floral dress and her hair in a ponytail with sandals. "May we come in?" The business lady asked. "Sure. Let me get my siblings up real quick." I let them in and woke up Finney and Gwen. I brought them to the living room with me and sat down with the lady. "I know this might be hard to take but,your father is putting all three of you up for adoption." I stared at her. I was behind Finney with one of my hands on his shoulder and one hand holding Gwen's. "Is this some kind of sick joke?" I asked. I didn't like dad that much but I didn't expect him to do this. The lady looked at me again. "I'm very sorry miss Blake. We looked at your case for a little while and knew we couldn't just leave you children alone so we scouted for a parent. Then Miss Astrea stepped up and said she would be your guardian. We did a background check on her and everything. Took a whole month but we think she'd be a perfect fit for you children. And she said she'd bring you guys to her house to see if you like it better since it's bigger. It's only a block away. You each would have your own rooms."  I was hugging Gwen and Finney tightly now and then they looked up at me,"do you guys wanna go?" I asked them. They nodded their heads then hugged me some more. The lady in the floral dress walked up to us,"Hi! My name,as the lady addressed,is Miss Astrea! But you can call me Connie. I hope you children would like to have me as your guardian. Once I saw you guys,you were just so adorable and we have so much in common that I knew I couldn't pass it up. It is totally fine if you children to not want this. It is your decision." Connie said and smiled. Finn and Gwen ran to her and hugged her. She was startled by this but laughed and hugged them back. The business lady was so confused how we accepted so easily but I explained to her how dad was and now she understood. She was going to try to press charges on him for abuse. I didn't want anything to do with it. We all got dressed into our clothes and went to Connie's house.