Chapter Two - New girl in town

Micheal

Not much is known about Crenshaw Estate, other than the fact that it’s cursed. Two families have been killed there in a matter of two years, one of which my Mama and Papa knew - the Kent family. 

But, Crenshaw Estate, built in 1908, when my Mama was just fourteen years old, still looks like it was built yesterday, despite being over ten years old. But everyday, me and my mate Will walk past it on our way to and from school, so do Shelby, Quentin, Christopher and Lizzie. They also live on our street but we don’t walk with them, we prefer to walk alone together. But one morning was different. “Oh Heaven Saint Mary.” Will muttered as we got to Crenshaw Estate. I looked where he looked and saw a beautiful girl with shoulder length ginger hair, a woollen coat and skirt, she had dark stockings and hard plastic shoes. She looked about seventeen. But that wasn't what I was worried about, I was worried about where she was going … inside Crenshaw Estate. I looked at Will and he looked back and nodded. “Miss!” I called and Will ran up to her. The woman looked startled but still smiled at us. “Hello.” She said, with a smile on her face. “Be careful Miss, that place is cursed.” Will told her and she looked quite confused. “Trust us Miss.” I told her and she fully turned to us, and then looked at what we were wearing. 

“Don’t you worry, now you better run off to school.” She told us. “But Miss.” I tried to reason with her. “Madam to you two, I’m not headmistress or teacher, so run along.” She said opened the door, walking inside Crenshaw Estate. The door swiftly shut behind her. 

Standing in the coat room, I took my coat off and turned to Chistopher. “Did you hear about the woman who went into the Crenshaw House?” He asked me. “I was about to ask you the same question.” I said to him, “We met her.” Will said. “You did not.” Shelby said, giving Will a dirty look. “Did so, she told us off for calling her Miss because she wasn’t a teacher.” I explained. “Well I wouldn’t pay much attention to her anyways, she’s going to be dead soon, that’s what she gets for moving into a cursed house.” Randy smirked and jabbed Liana in the side with his elbow. 

“Away with you!” The teacher yelled, smacking his knees with his cane. Randy limped outside and sat on the steps. “And the rest of you, in class or I’ll be fetching the belt.”

“Yes sir!” We choresed and filled into the classroom, taking our seats. The teacher began to explain what we were doing that day, but I couldn’t take my mind off the woman who had gone inside. “That woman, I’ve never seen her here before.” Will said from beside me. “Must be new in town.” I replied, I had to be quiet otherwise Mr Sterlington would hear me. “Why?” David asked from in front of us. “Dunno, but she’s gonna be dead soon, give it to the end of the day.” Mark said, from behind us. 

“Mark, Micheal, Willian, David, shut your mouth before I fetch the belt.” He told us. “Yes sir, sorry sir.” We said in usion. He nodded and turned back to the blackboard and continued on talking.