2, karma

All thy has to do is get one step closer...

The day broke out around 7 this morning. Cassie had barely made it half way out of her bed before her roommate yelled for her.

"CASSIE! COME FAST!"

This woke the young girl up quickly, she was out of bed and down the hall within seconds. The first thing she saw was her roommate crowded around her best friend. A red substance was dried to the hard wooden floor beneath the two.

"CALL THE POLICE, STOP STANDING THERE!"

Evie yelled once more at Cassie.

She shakily reached down and pulled her phone from her left pocket, her eyes never left the male that was laying dead on his bedroom floor. The cries from Evie didn't make it any better. She slowly looked away and began to dial the numbers '911'.

________________________________

Maybe she didn't really need to call the police.
She could have just disposed of him herself.
Evie had most likely ruined any evidence anyways.
The feeling of seeing him there...dead...was exhilarating.
Cassie quickly shook the thought from her head as the tall thin lady walked through the interrogation room doors.
She was wearing a dark brown blouse with high rise light brown pants. She took a seat directly in front of Cassie. Her hair in a tight bun and her round glasses all together made her so very intimidating. Cassie was feeling a way she never has. It was a feeling that started ever since she saw Lucas' dead body.

"So, Cassie. Explain to me what you saw that morning."
Cassie froze. What kind of questions was that? Clearly she saw Lucas dead. What else could she have seen?

"I uhm...I saw Lucas. Dead. On his bedroom floor."

"Good, now tell me what you did that night."

"Well, I uh- I went out to eat with the two of them. Me, evie, and Lucas I mean."
Cassie looked down.

"We came home and went to sleep around 10 or so..."
________________________________

A/n.

That is all the backstory you'll need to know for now until I feel the need for you to know more.

________________________________

CHAPTER TWO ON THE WAY!