Prologue: The Emerald and Ruby Beetle

Prologue

Two masked thieves jumped building to building, using a grappling hook to scale up the ones they couldn't jump to.

A particular Skyscraper caught their eyes, as they used their grappling hook to go up to a specific floor, when the human of the two, grabbed their partners neck revealing they were a snake. 

The thief than forced open their partner's mouth and used they're sharp fangs to make a circle in the glass.

The main thief then slowly took out glass circle, allowing them to go inside the room.

The thief carefully put the glass down, before they both went quietly out the door, but stopped when they saw numerous security cameras.

But the human thief whispered into an unseeable microphone around they're ear.

And as soon as the thief finished, the security cameras drooped down.

The thieves quietly scaled down the hallway, each looking into each room.

But the snake thief found something, as they gestured to their partner to come over.

They entered the room, to only see two Ruby and Emerald beetles, both on pedestals, as lasers were circled around them, protecting them from any thief that dared steal them. 

The human thief, stepped forward as they pulled out a mirror, as their partner went over to a energy box, and picked locked it open.

They then inserted the mirror into the lasers and pointed it at the now open energy box that kept the lasers on.

Now the lasers were gone, and their prize was easily grabbable.

But smartly the human thief took two fake replicas of the jewels from they're bag and did quick switches of both. 

But as they were about to escape, they heard the door behind them opening, only to see a night security guard.

The thieves stared at the guard, as he pulled out a gun from his pocket.

" P-Put those back, please don't make me do something I-I don't wanna do " The guard stammered still pointing his gun at the intruders.

When suddenly the human thief grabbed their partner yet again and shoved the jewels down, they're throat. 

As a response, the guard shot his gun, only for the thief to dodge, as the window shattered, giving the thieves a perfect get away.

The thief grabbed their partner in one hand, and the grappling hook in the other, as they jumped out of the now shattered window.

The guard quickly ran over, and looked out the broken window, only to stammer back by seeing the thieves grapple their way to freedom.

The guard slowly took out his phone, shaking. 

He dialed a number, before putting it to his ear.

"H-Hey boss, w-we have a b-big problem. "