Chapter 5

Y/N's POV:

This morning I woke up feeling a bit weird, but I brushed it off as I didn't get enough sleep last night. I was tossing and turning in anticipation for Ben and I'd date on Friday. Just two more days! I was so excited. I mean who wouldn't be?! It's my first date I should be excited. I got out and went to get in the shower hoping that this feeling would just go away. 

I was about done showering when I started to feel queasy and lightheaded, then it all when black.

Devi's POV:

*BANG*

What the fuck?! I thought to myself. What was that? I headed to the sound of the noise, but it was in the bathroom.

"Mom?" I hollered

"Downstairs!" She yelled back, "everything okay?"

"Ummm, yeah?" I knocked on the door, "Y/N?"

...No response... weird... I opened the door, and the shower was running

"Y/N?" Still no response. I opened the shower curtain a little bit and there I saw my little sister on the floor of the shower. "MOM!" I cried out. "Y/N? Y/N...Y/N come on wake up! MOM HURRY UP!"

"I'm coming Devi. What is the problem?" She rounded the corner and was behind me.

"Mom, call 911!" I screamed at her. "Come on Y/N! WAKE UP!" At this point I'm sobbing. I grabbed a robe of the wall and wrapped her in it. She's wouldn't want anyone to see her like this, not even a hot paramedic. I chuckled at the thought of her bright red face if I told her that. While I was struggling to put the robe on her mom came back.

"They are coming honey. How long has she been like this?" She asked helping me with the robe.

"I think this was the loud bang was," I looked at mom horrified. Just then we heard the sirens in the distance.

"I'm going to go let them in." And with that I was left alone, again, with my unconscious sister.

~At the hospital~ Devi's POV: 

They took her away from us. They would let me or even mom go back with her. I couldn't help but worry. After was happen with dad...I can't lose her, we were just getting close. 

"Vishwakumar?" The nurse hollered into the waiting room. I looked at mom, but I couldn't move. She walked up to the nurse. They talked and I saw moms shaking her head, collecting all the information she could.

"Devi, come on, we can go see her." I hesitated, what if I don't want to see her in the state she's in right now. The worst possible thoughts came to mind as we made our way down the hall.

When we got to her room, I held my breath as mom walked in first. To my surprise she looked fine. She was still unconscious, but she didn't have any tubes she was hooked up to. After about an hour of just sitting there in silence, mom excused herself to make a call. I assume she hadn't called the school or work yet.

~That night~ Y/N's POV:

beep...beep...beep

All of a sudden, I felt so pain rush to my head. The last thing I could remember was showering but now I hear beeping. Like a monitor? I tried to open my eyes, but they just felt so heavy. I felt someone grab my hand. it was a petite hand, maybe Mom's. Was I in the hospital?!

"Hey Y/N I don't know if you can hear me or not but if you could wake up now that would be great. I just need to know you are okay. You gave me a big scare this morning...and I keep replaying walking in on your lifeless body...I just need to see your E/C eyes." It was Devi? Found me? Did I die? I felt her squeeze my hand. 

I mustered up all the strength I could to open my eyes. I was met with the bright hospital room. I looked over to Devi and squeezed her hand back. She looked up at me with a tear stained face. How long was I out for?

"Y/N?"

"Here in the flesh," I laughed but was met with a throbbing in my head.

"Here I'll go get the nurse and Mom, don't go anywhere,"

"Trust me Devi, I'm not going anywhere."

After what felt like forever and a bunch of tests. The doctors finally came to the conclusion that I had a really bad concussion, a hairline fracture on the front of my skull where I hit my head, and a broken ankle from the way I fell. Obviously, they knew about the ankle before, but they had no Idea about the fracture on my skull. They had told mom what I could and couldn't do for the time being. As I was listening to mom with the doctors, something popped up that I had almost forgotten about.

"Mom what about that thing I have on Friday? Can I still go to that?" 

"We'll talk about it later honey, I'm sure they'll understand," we made sure not to bring up that name around Devi.

"What plans did you have for Friday?"

"Oh, just some people that I met at school wanted to get to know me more, so they invited me to the movies," I said hoping that was the end of that but with Devi it wasn't that easy. She kept interrogating me until mom threatened to take her home. The rest of the night we spend in each other's company, making fun of the awful tv shows on the hospital T.V.

********************

Word count: 912

A/N: Sorry this is a shorter chapter. I've been crazy busy with school! I promise we will get into the romance soon!!!