Chapter Four; The Resemblance

Justin's POV

Unable to sleep for the passed few days, I felt completely drained of energy as I made my way back into our house.

Mum had Zeke wrapped in her arms while walking in front of me, going straight to the bassinet in the lounge room, laying him inside while looking around.

I walked over and stood next to the bassinet, smiling at Zeke. Hopefully I get to feed him finally.

I haven't had a chance to feed him at all, my Mum has done all the feeding, and most of the diaper changing.

I've tried to do things for him, but Mum seems to be taking charge of him.

I didnt like that at all.

"Hey Mum?" Jason walked over to Mum as she turned the heater on.

"What is it?" Mum asked, turning to face him.

"Dylan's keen on meeting Zeke, can I borrow him for an hour or two?" Jason smiled sweetly at her.

I could literally feel my stomach drop as he asked Mum; Zeke was my baby, not Mum's.

He should be asking me.

"Borrow him?" Mum snorted.

"Oh come on, I'm his uncle... I'll take good care of him." Jason gave his best begging look.

I looked to Zeke and frowned, holding his little hand in mine. Mum will probably tell Jason no anyway, but it kind of hurts that they discuss Zeke without me.

I know I'm only fourteen, but I'm almost fifteen and I should be able to look after Zeke, feed him, take him on walks and everything.

"Alright," Mum sighed, I widened my eyes at that amswer, "If he cries make sure to check his diaper and see if he's hungry, and don't forget to burp him."

"Cool; I'm gonna take my car though." Jason smiled, "I've got a baby seat in there."

"Okay, be safe honey." Mum waved him off.

"Justin, bring Zeke to the car." Jason said, grabbing his baby bag.

I huffed, "I hate my family." I grumbled under my breath, gently picking up Zeke and holding him close, before following Jason out to his blue Suzuki Swift car.

Jason tossed the baby bag into the boot before opening the back door up and grabbing Zeke from me.

I glared at him, crossing my arms, "Make sure he is warm and has socks on his feet." I demanded, my voice coming off as grumpy.

"Aren't you going to come, Mr. Cry-Baby?" Jason smirked, buckling Zeke up.

I gaped at him in confusion; I'm allowed to come? I'm never allowed to go with him... legitimately.

Jason closed the door and looked at me, "Don't look at me like that, Justin. You can tag along, seeing as you're not too happy about barely doing things with him... Get in the car."

"The front or the back?" I blushed, tugging at the hem of my shirt nervously.

"The front, if you want." Jason shrugged and walked around the car, to the drivers side.

I took no time in jumping in the front seat, excited as I buckled up. Jason chuckled as he sat in the driver's seat, starting the car.

"So, I can tell you're getting annoyed with Mum's attitude towards Zeke." Jason said as he drove.

"She wont let me do anything." I sighed, sinking in the seat.

"Just be pushy for it. Zeke is your kid, dont let anyone walk over you." Jason smiled.