-37-

"I don't even know your mission"

"No, but still Lizzy. You seem like a nice girl" Nathan says and lets himself slide down on the couch a bit. Lizzy tilts her head. "What?"

"Nothing" Lizzy says and looks at the door. "If I walk out, would you stop me?"

"Yes"

"Okey, so we wait for Laurens and Owen?"

"Yup"

"And if I leave anyway?"

"Than I'll have to stop you. Don't make me, you're hurt" Nathan says and sits up again. Lizzy sees Laurens running on the hallway, so she stands up. Nathan does too. He sees Laurens. Laurens walks in to Lizzy. 

"Are you okey?"

"I'm fine, I have to talk to Carder, if you handle him?"

"Handle me? As if we change into animals" Nathan says and sits back on the couch. Laurens laughs. 

"He sounds like you" he says to Lizzy and nods. Lizzy pulls Laurens to her. 

"I didn't tell him my name. He called me Lizzy" she wispers. 

"Maybe Owen told him" Laurens wispers back. "But I know Owen better than that, I'll look into that, you go do what you think you'll have to do"

 "Be careful, you don't know him"

"I'm always careful" Laurens says and walks to Nathan. Nathan winks at Lizzy and she walks out. She walks to the room next to it where Carder is. 

"Hey, princess. What happened?"

Lizzy ignores him and walks to him. He sits up confused. She sits on her knees in front of him and turns his head a couple of ways. He grabs her hand, but she pulls it back. 

"Lizzy, the fuck are you doing?"

Lizzy brushes his hair out of the way. Carder starts opposing and Lizzy tries to pull her hands back. Carder pushes her over and sits on top of her, holding her hands to the floor. Lizzy looks into his eyes and breathes heavy. 

Carder looks into her eyes too. He shakes his hair out of the way. Then a black thing on a wire falls and hangs on the side of his head. Lizzy looks at it. 

"I knew it" she wispers. 

Carder let's go of her and puts the thing back in his ear. Lizzy takes this opportunity to turn them over. Carder hits his head against the floor. Lizzy wants to stand up, but Carder grabs her wrist. 

"Lizzy no"

"what? Oh no" Lizzy says and tries to get up. Carder sits on his knees and pulls her back. Because Lizzy tries so hard she falls on the floor. 

"Don't. It has to happen"

"Laurens! Run! It's a tr-" Lizzy tries to scream, but Carder puts his hand over her mouth and pulls her against him. Lizzy starts crying and tries to break free, struggling. She screams muffled. Then she hears a lot of sounds. 

She starts panicking more, thinking about Chris too. She tries pulling his hand away. Then someone comes in. Lizzy tries to see who it is. It's nathan with a key. Lizzy hears Laurens yell. Nathan helps Carder out of the chain. He stands up, pulling Lizzy with him. Nathan looks at her. 

"I blew my cover, how?" he asks, drying her tears, but Lizzy turns her head away. Carder moves it back to Nathan. "Take your hand off, I'll hurt you if you scream"

Carder takes his hand off, still holding her. Lizzy is still crying, but doesn't say a thing. 

"We're taking over. Now, how did I blow it?"

Lizzy stays quiet. She looks around. "I-I. Is your dad here?"

"Dad?" Nathan asks laughing. Lizzy starts puzzling in her head and her face goes over into realisation. "You get it now don't you?"

"We don't have a dad. We're in charge" Carder says to her ear. "Now tell Nathan how you knew"

"He called me Lizzy. I didn't-"

"Tell me your name" Nathan says and smiles annoyed. "Again"

"Are you gonna kill us?" Lizzy asks wispering. 

"No, we're gonna keep you prisoner Lizzy. As long as we need to. And to answer your question, we'll make sure no one dies, not Chris, not Daisy, not Jake"

"And did you think Laurens really did kill Leroy?" Lizzy looks confused and scared. Nathan laughs. "Come on, we'll show you"

Carder takes Lizzy out of the room. She apposes a little bit and when she sees Laurens on the chain, pulling on it she stops walking, but Carder just pulls her off the floor. When Laurens sees Lizzy he starts yelling. Nathan pushes open a door in  a room further. Carder put's Lizzy down. She runs to the door, but Nathan grabs her arm and pulls her back in. 

Lizzy looks around and sees someone lying on a table with tubes out of his body. She looks that way. 

"Go look" Carder says and Nathan let's go of her. Lizzy walks to the bed and sees it's indeed Leroy. He doesn't look so good, but he's not dead. His eyes open and look at Lizzy. He tries to say something, but can't. 

"How did he not die?" Lizzy asks Nathan. He laughs and pulls up his shoulders. 

"Lets sumamus eam pueris" (let's take her to her boys) Carder says. Lizzy looks at him. 

"Latin?" she asks. Carder looks at Nathan. 

"se ipsa novit" (she knows)

"Nescimus si Latine loqui possit" (We don't know if she can speak Latin)

"How else would she know it's Latin" Nathan says. "Come, we didn't say anything bad"

Lizzy nods. She walks to Nathan. When he wants to open the door she pulls on it, slaming it against his head. He falls back. Lizzy grabs one of the needles she had grabbed. She grabs Carder in his popliteal. He falls back. Lizzy pulls the door shut behind her and locks it with her fingerprint. 

She hopes Leroys print is no longer in there and runs to Laurens. When he sees her he stands up.

"Lizzy, what the hell happened?"

"They were working together, he had an ear piece in" Lizzy says and tries to unlock the chain.

She hears people coming and runs into the kitchen to hide. She hears people talking Latin and then hears the door close. That doesn't mean they left.